What 'they're' saying about NHRA drag racing at Charlotte (1 Viewer)

Thanks for posting those links Jackie, as for the Bellagio of Drag racing? I'll believe that when I see it! Chicago and Vegas are Top notch facilities, and that place must walk on water if that were the case.

Joe, book a flight for next September and see it for yourself. We have a couple extra rooms.;)

Joe, I have been to the tracks you mentioned, and Z-Max is better. The stands are raised so that people standing at the fence are not in the way. They have made room for the tow vehicles so they are not in anyone's way. More stands than either with excellent rest rooms and room to sit in the shade under the bleachers to take a breather, just like Las Vegas, but now you have stands on both sides of the track. Motor home spots in front of the facility with hook ups for spectators. Motor home spots with hook ups up the street from the track for spectators. Pits on both sides of the track that are paved and smooth, with good drainage. Paved areas for team motor homes that are within walking distance of the pits. Smooth track surface with a lot of bite, and I hear they are going to install the cooling lines under the track like Denver. The Suites are fantastic and there are a lot of them. Amenities for the press are great and plentiful. It is a well thought out facility.

In addition to what Virgil is saying, there are fan friendly amenities like elevators in the John Force Grandstand, bathrooms on top of bathrooms, seriously, there are bathrooms on the ground level of the grandstand, and also on the mezzanine level, along with concession stands. The track seemed to be taking everything that was thrown at it on Friday night, and held up pretty well Saturday and Sunday under nearly relentless sunshine. My travel trailer site with full hookups was a little over a two minute walk from the main grandstand. Lots of shuttle buses bringing fans in from the remote parking areas. One of the few downsides was that the win lights were almost impossible to see in the afternoon sun. I'll bet that will change before the next race. I don't think that I could ask for much more from a track.

Murdock.

not having been there, you can almost tell the attention to detail
when you look at the scoreboard pylons.
what i'm wondering though is the large fence just past the main
grandstands on north side of track - for noise as cars get past bleachers?

Last edited:
I think Paul Page was the most excited of anyone there, about the ESPN booth! How neat is that. Practically next to the starting line!

Joe, Ive been to RT66 many times, and love it. zMAX has been described as Awsum, and the Bellagio, ect. WRONG... it surpasses all those adjectives. Take it from the Z-man, you sir have GOT to see this track. Cancel what ever it takes to get there next year, it will be worth it Joe.

(hint: Sat was completely sold out so get tix early)
See my report later.

Zappy

the track is fan friendly but it wasnt very racer friendly. not going into details , hopefully next yr will be better.

not having been there, you can almost tell the attention to detail
when you look at the scoreboard pylons.
what i'm wondering though is the large fence just past the main
grandstands on north side of track - for noise as cars get past bleachers?

They are sound barriers for homes next to track. They checked decibels in the home development and they said you could hear crickets over cars running on track. That sounds encouraging for future track development.:D

Murdock..

Leave it to you to mention " elevators " in your first sentence . :) Sorry I coudn't make it ..I had the opportunity to hang witht the Advance guys all week-end . Kids come first for now ...:cool:

As I have stated here a few times Bruton Smith is the man ! He needs to go ahead and seal this deal and bring NHRA Drag Racing to the forfront . He certainly has made a statement with this facility hasn't he ?

Now, what is the point of throwing that out there, and not giving an explanation? :confused:

Jackee,

Steve is correct. There were issues for many of the racers (on both sides of the track). They have some bugs to work out and there are problems that need to be addressed. I believe from what I heard that track officials learned that as well and are committed to fixing it.

The track is VERY nice, but we have many other tracks that are VERY nice as well. We are going to one of them this weekend.

Alan

Jackee,

Steve is correct. There were issues for many of the racers (on both sides of the track). They have some bugs to work out and there are problems that need to be addressed. I believe from what I heard that track officials learned that as well and are committed to fixing it.

The track is VERY nice, but we have many other tracks that are VERY nice as well. We are going to one of them this weekend.

Alan

Thanks for your reply, Alan.

I wasn't saying that what Steve said was incorrect. Just asking why make a statement like the track wasn't racer friendly, then not offer some information as to why that would be so. Not all maters were able to be there. ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back