What , no fine nhra ??? (1 Viewer)

Allen Johnson throughs a temper tantrum, and launches a bottle, and gets nothing but extra air time...????
Where's the race suspention???

The day ain't over yet LOL. In all seriousness, a fine would not be levied until after the event is complete in most cases, and what Allen did does not merit any type of immediate reaction from the sanctioning body IMO.

I don't agree with NHRA's thing about fines anyway. To me the fines mean nothing. If nhra wants to punish, then to me they should ban you from the next race, or several races.

But the next race just happens to be the "MOPAR" Nats. We all know nhra doesn't have the nads to ban Mopars fair haired boy from their name race. So....... looks like a non issue.......move along. ;)

I remember him throwing a bottle in the shutdown area at Indy a few years ago. I don't beleive he was fined back then. Either way, big deal if he throws a bottle. As long as he doesn't hurt anyone I don't see a problem. He's just a normal guy who wants to win and gets pissed when he doesn't.

Whit didn't hurt anyone when he drove too fast in the shutdown area
John F didn't hurt T Ped
Gary Selczi didn't hurt anyone when he got mad in the shutdown
yet they all got in trouble, fines, probation,

Whats good for the goose....jus sayin.

He could have hit a track worker, announcer, crew person, or photog, very easy.

He showed some emotion, so what!!! Why make something out of nothing? Did the NHRA fine Connie Kalitta when he went berserk on the starting line back in the 80's when his car wouldn't start?

Whit didn't hurt anyone when he drove too fast in the shutdown area
John F didn't hurt T Ped
Gary Selczi didn't hurt anyone when he got mad in the shutdown
yet they all got in trouble, fines, probation,

Whats good for the goose....jus sayin.

He could have hit a track worker, announcer, crew person, or photog, very easy.

John was fined because he touched a NHRA official.

and driving a racecar fast through the shutdown area is dangerous (especially since there had been warnings) Tossing an empty bottle not all that dangerous. Not comparable to tossing the bottle

I don't think that bottle was empty. He had just gotten it out of the ice chest and it sure didn't fly like an empty bottle. That was one hell of a throw. I was kinda impressed at how far he threw it.

Let me see if I got this right,

Allen didn't harm anbody,

Didn't endanger anybody,

Didn't attack anybody,

Didn't threaten anybody,

What exactly should he be fined or supended for? Because the team made a mistake and he was upset about losing a race that he had a very good chance of winning?

Are you going to fine everyone who is upset about getting beat?

This might be the new stupidest thing I have seen on the mater.......

Alan

Let me see if I got this right,

Allen didn't harm anbody,

Didn't endanger anybody,

Didn't attack anybody,

Didn't threaten anybody,

What exactly should he be fined or supended for? Because the team made a mistake and he was upset about losing a race that he had a very good chance of winning?

Are you going to fine everyone who is upset about getting beat?

This might be the new stupidest thing I have seen on the mater.......

Alan

I agree that this is much ado about nothing. I wish they had taken the same stance on Pat Ross at Etown when he was upset because they damaged the he11 out of his car, for the second time. They sure had no problem throwing a rediculous fine at him for basically nothing!

man the heat must be getting to people.
who are we going to whine and moan about next.
first erica enders now allen johnson. I think I
saw an old woman taking to long in a porta john.
maybe we should drag her out go WWE on her.

I don't think that bottle was empty. He had just gotten it out of the ice chest and it sure didn't fly like an empty bottle. That was one hell of a throw. I was kinda impressed at how far he threw it.

I thought the same thing Larry. It wasn't empty to go that far!!

Paul,next time you really get mad,I'm going to fine you $100.00.I'll let you know where to send the money.:D

It was a hell of a toss.
Now what is nhra going to do about Johnny Gray bad mouthing the safety equipment?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back