What kind of car is Bruno driving? (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Comp Plus says Bruno is driving a Toyota Solara. Or is it the Cobalt disguised as a Solara? By thew way, I thought it was cool that the Comp final featured Bruno w/ a twin Turbo 2JZ 6 cyl engine VS the I/D of Andrew Holt, with a turbo 4 banger.

Pretty sure it's a Cobalt. But it could be a Solara. Call it a Cobara. Whatever. What impresses me is the ungodly power racers manage to extract from Toyota's 2JZ. This Camaro - oops, I mean Toyota - from New Zealand (5.72, 256 here, it's gone 5.69/259) has to be pushing at least 3500 horsepower. Out of 3 liters. o_O

Pretty sure it's a Cobalt. But it could be a Solara. Call it a Cobara. Whatever. What impresses me is the ungodly power racers manage to extract from Toyota's 2JZ. This Camaro - oops, I mean Toyota - from New Zealand (5.72, 256 here, it's gone 5.69/259) has to be pushing at least 3500 horsepower. Out of 3 liters. o_O

Any idea what the rpm’s could be at launch? I was standing near the starting line late Saturday night and Bruno’s sounded insane. I don’t know how anything can stay together running that hard.

Any idea what the rpm’s could be at launch? I was standing near the starting line late Saturday night and Bruno’s sounded insane. I don’t know how anything can stay together running that hard.
Bruno's car might be different at the launch but I believe the ones in the cars like I posted are shifting around 11K. Those little engines live with over 100 pounds of boost. Incredible.

I've seen videos on that YUASA car. Wow!!! I know there was a 2JZ car in Qatar that was running 5.70's at around 250 a few years back. Kinda wish some of them could run Pro Mod here w/ same weight as they have now. You remember when it was a big deal to make 1 HP per cubic inch? I used to have a 1986 Honda Civic Si, 91 cubic inches and 91 HP. That car could run 115 top speed with that itty bitty engine. The Toyota GR Corolla has that 3 cyl, 1600 CC, turbo engine that makes almost 300 HP and is a daily driver. I'm astonished at how much HP can be made with small engines.

Super chargers and turbos add cubic air and add cubic inch’s to power potential of any size motor by packing more air than just a piston can pull in by suction alone

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back