We have renewed our sponsorship (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Just to give people a little hope out there that things aren't as bad as a lot of us think, we were able to renew our title sponsorship with Capitol Auto Group. Also, our other long time sponsors, King Engine Bearings, Royal Purple Synthetic Oil and NGK Spark Plugs are also returning.

Go to Capitol Auto Group Racing - Rich Bailey for details.

Rich, I bet if more racers went as far as you do to promote your sponsors and your local track. Far more racers and tracks would be better off! Too many racers feel sponsors need to approach them.

Congrats, Rich. This is great news and I know you will represent them well just like you have done in the past.

Thanks so much you guys. And thank you Brent. Joe, I agree on your point but also, race fans can help out their local racers just like Brent did by finding something positive about a team and then calling or sending an email to that business that sponsors them. Let them know how much you appreciate that company sponsoring a race car no matter how big or small the deal is. If it's Larry's Radiator Service displayed on the quarter panels on a bracket car and you like the looks of the car etc...call Larry!

Here's a quick story, one time we just happen to show up at a 4th of July parade and we went right by where the owners of Capitol sit on the parade route. I had no idea it was their tradition to watch the parade so we just happen to tow right by them not even knowing. That following Monday I heard that the President of the company said to his father in law and his wife who happens to be the marketing director that our dragster was generating more mail than any of the other advertising and sponsoring they do. She had no idea and neither did I.

I don't know if that's still the case but the point is that actions taken by Brent wheather it's directed at our sponsorship or someone else's helps the sport. The more goodwill the better chance these businesses will continue to help out.

And by the way, we never missed that parade ever again even if we are racing the same weekend! And that's another story.

Last edited:
What I meant by the post is not a coordinated effort to save someone's sponsorship but more of a random act. You're at the track and you meet a particular driver who is nice to your kids and signs a hand out card. Your impressed. So that's the time to send that driver's sponsor an email or give them a call.

I appreciate the offer though but Brent made a call so we're probably in good shape.

Rich

Last edited:
Twelve years! You guys have a really good thing going up there. Congratulations!

Yes, we have been very fortunate. Thanks to Capitol Auto Group for staying with us as long as they have.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back