Warner Bros. "Apology" - what's the world coming to? (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
Today, I finally sat my 7 year old nephew down in front of the TV, and turned on the Looney Tunes Gold Collection DVD - Bugs Bunny; (which was $49.99 at Best Buy mind you). He was clueless about Looney Tunes. He knows Sponge Bob, Ed & Eddy, The Simpsons, Southpark and Family Guy.

The 1st thing pops up wasn't that annoying FBI warning.... it was an official "apology" from WB. For violent, prejudicial and inappropriate stereo-typing!!!!! I'm sorry, but W T F? I was shocked. You mean this world has become so politically correct and so fearful of lawsuits that they have to apologize for the actions of Bugs-freaking-Bunny and Porky the frickin-Pig?????

Ugh, I cannot believe it. Think of how many generations of people American and otherwise, grew up watching this stuff? But now all the sudden it's all bad.

Worse yet, think of whoever the millionaire is who obviously sued WB because they were offended by watching Bugs Bunny and Wylie Coyote!

Hell, we could USE a hero like Bugs these days!!!!

You mean there was not a disclaimer telling people not to use roller skates and a rocket like Wiley E. Coyote? ;)

Come on Chris! The Libs attacked one of the Aladdin movies because the castle appeared as a phallic symbol? They not only forced the alteration of the "absolutely authentic Middle Eastern building" but they extracted an apology when no clear headed child in the world would have ever come up with the similarity in our lifetimes. This world is now catering to the "special few" at the expense of the all too quiet masses. If we don't speak up soon and correct the course of our current civilization, nothing sacred will be left.

These trends can't be reversed so I say bring on the second coming. I believe the upcoming election will do just that.

Last edited:
If I may play Devil's advocate here ... a lot of those Bugs Bunny cartoons were made in a very different time with different political and socio-economic climates. The parents should tell their kids that what they are seeing is out of context with the modern societal norms, but alas, most do not because they are too lazy to take a few minutes and teach/interact with their children in any meaningful sort of way. The ONLY thing left to do is for WB to put up the disclaimer to cover their rear ends, after all it is not the parent's fault for putting the DVD in and letting their kids watch it ... it is WB's fault for putting the DVD out there .... :rolleyes:

PS I love all of those old Looney Tunes cartoons ... Foghorn Leghorn cracks me up to this day. My absolute favorite when I was a kid was the Bugs Bunny baseball cartoon ... first base Bugs Bunny ... second base Bugs Bunny ... third base Bugs Bunny etc. etc. etc. ... they hit the "screaming" line drive ... and Bugs had to hail a taxi to catch the ball at the top of the Empire State Building ... fantastic stuff ....

Last edited:
I don't know if a disclaimer was warranted, but you have to watch some of those things and KNOW that some of them are pretty foul. The blackface, the "mammy", "yassum boss", that stuff is pretty disgusting. I've got nothing against Wile E. Coyote getting his face blown off with a stick of TNT, but some of the racial stuff was borderline even back in the 30-40's when it was made.

It's called the wussification of America. And by the way Wile E. Coyote was a super genius. Put ACME on the map! :)

Sorry could'nt resist!:D

Exactly my point, Charles. How times have changed. And by the way, he only lasted through about 2 and a half episodes... Bugs at the dog track, the hoboken penguin, and part of Hareway to the stars with the little martian guy....before he got up and went to go play guitar hero.

I still will watch some of the old cartoons when I catch them on. Tom & Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Chilly Willy, Bugs, Daffy, ya know all the old school tunes. They certainly don't make them like that anymore....

I always thought if Wile could afford all that ACME stuff, why didn't he just buy himself a meal??:eek::D

I still will watch some of the old cartoons when I catch them on. Tom & Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Chilly Willy, Bugs, Daffy, ya know all the old school tunes. They certainly don't make them like that anymore....

I always thought if Wile could afford all that ACME stuff, why didn't he just buy himself a meal??:eek::D

Alan, Wile E. bought it all on credit. Then, he had to declare bankruptcy because he couldn't afford the exorbitant interest rates and late fees. Plus, he was overextended on his home mortgage because it was an ARM and of course the rate went up. Yes, ol' Wile E. made some very unsound financial decisions. That is why he couldn't afford to buy himself a meal. :D

Speaking of South Park, Family Guy isn't much better for the kids.

My favorite ride at six flags is the Loony Tunes Boat ride through the tunnel. Take a grand kid or two and it's priceless.
Next time I go to the Mall I'll check and see if the Warner Bros Loony Tunes Store has a posted apology on the door.

There was a flack about the violence in the three stooges a few years ago so you don't hardly see them in reruns anymore.
Outlaw Guns and only Outlaws will have them.
That's next , create a fear then cure it by making everyone feel better by banning it.
Typical Marxist ploy.
They want to make the UN the sole lawmaker when it comes to the oceans and private ownership of guns.
So I hear anyway.

Oh and on a Saturday night the famous Dubai Ports bill was passed with no coverage by the media.
I heard this last week but other than Bill Clinton pushing for it and Hillery against it no refference found.

As John Belushi said in 1941 Saranara Suckers!
I've been sold out before but not the whole country.
Sorry flagrant violation of no politics edit.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back