Virginia TV Coverage (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
I really dug the drone footage yesterday. Hope NHRA keeps using the drone. Another thing, did anyone else notice that Matt Hagen doesn't look like the old Matt. His face is all plumped up and he's starting to acquire a double chin.

I really dug the drone footage yesterday. Hope NHRA keeps using the drone. Another thing, did anyone else notice that Matt Hagen doesn't look like the old Matt. His face is all plumped up and he's starting to acquire a double chin.
Yeah that was cool, especially those drone views after the crossed the finish line. Who need to the Goodyear Blimp now?

On another note, how did the event get so late in terms of the event schedule? Looked to be an hour or more behing schedule. Was there a wreck or something?

I wasn't trying to be cruel, maybe he should go see a doctor in case he might have a medical issue.

I wasn't trying to be cruel, maybe he should go see a doctor in case he might have a medical issue.
Understood. What I meant was, I don't know his age but I'm sure trying to run a farm and being on the road all the time can take its toll no matter how old you are.

Yeah that was cool, especially those drone views after the crossed the finish line. Who need to the Goodyear Blimp now?

On another note, how did the event get so late in terms of the event schedule? Looked to be an hour or more behing schedule. Was there a wreck or something?
Which day? It rained a lot both Fri and Sat. For Sat night qualifying there were stating line timing issues that delayed the final qualifying session for about an hour to and hour and a half.

For Sun, eliminations started at 12. There were no wrecks and I don't recall any oil down issues.

Really enjoyed the drone footage as well, especially the shot from mid track looking back at the tower.

Which day? It rained a lot both Fri and Sat. For Sat night qualifying there were stating line timing issues that delayed the final qualifying session for about an hour to and hour and a half.

For Sun, eliminations started at 12. There were no wrecks and I don't recall any oil down issues.
Sorry, I should have said Sunday. Did they not get done about 6:20 or so?

Didn't they use drone footage at Brainerd last season? I said back then that it was a cool shot and I enjoyed it again yesterday.

Also, it will be interesting to see how many Nascar fans kept their channel on FS1 after their race.

drone shots are great. thought race was really good. place has very cool campground. nice facility.
everyone appreciates a cool, sticky track with world beating performances all weekend long......also appreciate a hot, slippery surface that challenges the tuners.
IMO grubnic has a setup he isn't sharing. his post race interview was short and sweet. force could barely remember his name. they don't seem to have much comraderie.
IMO he just pays him cuz he knows it gets results.

I think Gravity has something to do with things dropping as you get older , and I have never seen a workout program for the neck or chin area ...

Also, it will be interesting to see how many Nascar fans kept their channel on FS1 after their race.

I was thinking about how many seasons you follow a favorite driver in both sports…. and in other sports like baseball etc. Only in NHRA Drag Racing have I been able to have been a fan of the same driver for close to 40 consecutive years and see him still win at age 73 and his daughter and son in law both win yesterday.

one thing i've noticed, over the years, is that all the racers look about half their size, in person as they look on TV. maybe its me or perhaps the TV does ad 15lbs. caught Tony Schumacher signing autographs and he struck me as a relatively small statured guy, as opposed to what i always deciphered on the Television

anyone else have this happen? i have a 5-speaker setup with TV. 3 front channels, and 2 rear channels. the nhra fox broadcasts play almost entirely thru the front 3 channels,
except when you hear the driver and crew chief via their radio. only then does that sound come from the rear channels. i've noticed this on other similar sports broadcasts.
not knowledgeable enough to explain why this happens.........chase, i agree, the background music can be a little much.

Whenever they talked about the DHL Top Fueler Jason Mcclough was not mentioned. Is he still with the team? Though he was one of the crew cheifs ?

I didn't see the drone coverage - was watching on NHRA.TV but, I agree with your observations on Matt. He's always been big and buff (The Hulk) but he does appear to have gained some weight and gotten otherwise fleshy. Hope he continues to have a great year. I'm glad for Smoke (Hope Leah has some luck, too)

Xfinity removed FS1 from my digital tier this past weekend!
Didn't get to see the race.
WTF Xfinity?!!!! Maybe I should pray they don't alter the deal any further?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back