Virginia Motorsports Park rejoins IHRA family (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]IHRA is pleased to announce the return of Virginia Motorsports Park to its family of tracks.

After a four-year absence, the top-of-the-line facility in Petersburg, Virginia will return to the stable of tracks within the International Hot Rod Association and will waste no time returning to its status as one of the premier facilities within the IHRA.

“We are thrilled to be back with the IHRA. We think that our business model moving forward is a perfect fit with what they have planned,” said Bryan Pierce, General Manager of Virginia Motorsports Park. “We want to provide fun, affordable family entertainment and we think the IHRA represents that. From that standpoint I think the two are a great fit.”

Virginia Motorsports Park returns to the IHRA after a four-year stint with the NHRA and will immediately fall back into rotation hosting Nitro Jam and Thunder Jam events in 2010.

“We couldn’t be happier with the return of Virginia Motorsports Park to the IHRA family. There is quite a history between the track and our organization so I am thrilled to bring that tradition back to the IHRA,” said IHRA President Aaron Polburn. “When I went down there this week and saw just how beautiful this facility really is it reminded me why so many people were upset when we left in the first place. I am glad to be back.”

On top of being one of the top drag racing facilities in the country, VMP is also located in a motorsports-rich market just outside of Richmond. Virginia Motorsports Park will also be a perfect fit for the exciting new look to the Nitro Jam series in 2010.

“We think the programming and shows that IHRA has put together now and into the future are going to fit well with our market and the people who come out to see fun and exciting events,” Pierce said.

Following in the steps of Virginia Motorsports Park, another major track announcement is expected within the next couple of weeks. The IHRA now has tracks in 30 states and four different countries making it one of the largest sanctioning bodies in the world.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 9
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back