Video Of Mike Neff's First Funny Car Ride (1 Viewer)

woody

Nitro Member
The John Force Racing crew chiefs had more cars on the Virginia Motorsports Park race track in Monday testing than they did in Sunday's final eliminations of the Torco Racing Fuels Nationals.

With boss John Force still in a Dallas hospital and Ashley Force at his bedside, partly because of family loyalty and partly because her Castrol Ford Mustang had not received all of the safety improvements her father ordered, Robert Hight was the team's lone representative at the event that was the final cut for the Countdown to the Championship.

But Hight had some company in testing -- newly named fourth-car driver Mike Neff.

Neff got his first experience Monday in a 7,000-horsepower car like the one he tuned for Don Schumacher Racing's Gary Scelzi for four-and-one-half seasons that included the 2005 championship. The primary focus was learning properly how to stage and launch the car as Neff prepares to earn his Funny Car license.

To view video coverage of Neff's first ride, click here: 1320 TV

Video of Hight's first pass Monday can be found here: 1320 TV

awesome vids brian! zippy looked good, nice and straight to the 330! great job by zippy and jfr. if we can somehow take some of johns lets say "interview prowess" and inject it into zippy thatd be cool :D

....................if we can somehow take some of johns lets say "interview prowess" and inject it into zippy thatd be cool :D
Zippy probably has a snooze button on his fire alarm! :p

So cool to see him get that ride, and I also thought it was very cool of Scelzi to make sure and point out Sunday that Zippy got him there for the most part.

That was very cool, I hope He does well, John is doing the right thing by putting some ace mechanics in the drivers seat.

First launch looked good. Should be an interesting year next season.

At the point where Neff is climbing into the car, did I hear someone on the say they needed to talk him into leaving the new helmet shroud, that he wanted it out of the car??

Or am I just hearing things? :confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back