Video: 1979 Cajun Nationals (1 Viewer)

I just LOVE what you folks at Competition Plus do for us nostalgic fans. Some of my favorite Drag Race TV I have seen the past couple of years have been these GEMS you post. Not sure if you get a huge response or not, but it's very appreciated in this house.

found it interesting how the sanctining body enforced a specific rule (weight) against an individual (glidden) in pro stock. would something like that 'fly' these days ?

I agree, it's awesome getting to see these races that happened before I was even born. The quality on them is amazing too! Thanks for sharing.

I haven't actually watched the whole program yet, but it's more a TV edit thing....they never used to show first round, it always started second round. Made it easier to fit inside an hour.

The pro fields were only 8 cars each at the race. Not an editing thing. FC not in the field, Shumake, Collins, Meyer, Anderson, Kase and Jefferson.
Check this link out for more info on '79, also links other years for good historical reading.

NHRA 50th Anniversary

found it interesting how the sanctining body enforced a specific rule (weight) against an individual (glidden) in pro stock. would something like that 'fly' these days ?

Wasn't pro stock weight per cubic inch back then? when did they go to set minimum weight at 500ci?

The pro fields were only 8 cars each at the race. Not an editing thing. FC not in the field, Shumake, Collins, Meyer, Anderson, Kase and Jefferson.
Check this link out for more info on '79, also links other years for good historical reading.

I knew I should have watched it first....thanks for the link too.

Thanks Bobby. Great to relive the old days. There was something about the funny cars of that era that was special. The sound of the engine brings me back to that time when going to a drag race was a new and amazing experience for me. I still get excited when i get near the track but not like i did back then. :)

Thanks Bobby. Great to relive the old days. There was something about the funny cars of that era that was special. The sound of the engine brings me back to that time when going to a drag race was a new and amazing experience for me. I still get excited when i get near the track but not like i did back then. :)

perfectly said barry - same for me.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back