Unbelievable achivement in TA/D (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
RMR Randy Meyer Racing, won Region 3 with Julie Nataas taking Hole Shot win at Indy for the Wally, while Rachel Meyer took a Record setting win at Historic Great Bend for the Wally. All this done on same day not sure if that has ever been done before. Conrats to both Drivers and Teams!!!

Nice day for RMR. I am a big fan of the TAD cars. But I am not following the hole shot and record setting parts of your post.

Nice day for RMR. I am a big fan of the TAD cars. But I am not following the hole shot and record setting parts of your post.

Julie won on a holeshot against Duane Shields in the Semis. Not sure about the record setting part as well.

1628714725135.png

Attachments

• 1628714649048.png
    1628714649048.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 6
I think what Jesse may be referring to as a "record" is the same team (Randy Meyer Racing) winning a Wally at 2 different races (NHRA Div 3 and 5 Regionals) in the same day at different tracks (Indy, Grand Bend) with different drivers (Nataas and Meyer).

It would be interesting to know if that has ever happened before, in any class.

Last edited:
I think what Jesse may be referring to as a "record" is the same team (Randy Meyer Racing) winning a Wally at 2 different races (NHRA Div 3 and 5 Regionals) in the same day at different tracks (Indy, Grand Bend) with different drivers (Nataas and Meyer).

It would be interesting to know if that has ever happened before, in any class.
Does the old "Castrol" super team count? Who was it, Ormsby, Force, Morgan, Austin, Barney, Nickens, and ???? I'm guessing one of them won a divisional race somewhere while another won at a national event on the same day? Maybe the Coughlin's? Jeggie winning a national event and one of his brothers or nephew winning a divisional somewhere else on the same day?

I suppose both of these examples are under the same sponsorship umbrella but not necessarily teammates. And I have to admit, I'm not sure how close of teammates Julie and Rachel truly are.

Does the old "Castrol" super team count? Who was it, Ormsby, Force, Morgan, Austin, Barney, Nickens, and ???? I'm guessing one of them won a divisional race somewhere while another won at a national event on the same day? Maybe the Coughlin's? Jeggie winning a national event and one of his brothers or nephew winning a divisional somewhere else on the same day?

I suppose both of these examples are under the same sponsorship umbrella but not necessarily teammates. And I have to admit, I'm not sure how close of teammates Julie and Rachel truly are.
Same owner same class different races same weekend, I’m impressed👍

Aaron Stanfield winning pro stock and his father Greg winning super stock at a divisional. Same day I think or weekend at least.

Rachel set record at Great Bend
Alcohol cars are my favorite (read A/Fuel) I watched the race on NHRA.TV last weekend, What Record.
Sunday morning in the final she ran low et. of the meet 5.244 272.83 Do you mean track record, if so
no big deal, This is a car that's gone 5.09 Once again what Record

Alcohol cars are my favorite (read A/Fuel) I watched the race on NHRA.TV last weekend, What Record.
Sunday morning in the final she ran low et. of the meet 5.244 272.83 Do you mean track record, if so
no big deal, This is a car that's gone 5.09 Once again what Record
Yes, it was a track record. One thing to bear in mind, though, is that Great Bend has an altitude adjustment. It's mild compared to Denver, but you're never going to see national records there, especially from an A/Fuel car. Tracks like it have to be looked at in a vacuum for performance.

For the record, the adjustment for the index classes is .15 (i.e. 8.90 -> 9.05). Applying that to her run, it becomes (very roughly) equivalent to 5.09. Of course, there's a lot to take into account for a true comparison, but the impressiveness of the run shouldn't be dismissed.

I remember when Top Fuel ran those ET's.
Indeed.....the inaugural Texas Motorplex race in 1986 was won by Darrell Gwynn, 5.26, an unheard-of ET at the time. Two years later Eddie Hill ran the first 4-second pass in TF history at the same track. We'd have injected nitro cars in the 4s, too, had NHRA not consistently added weight and taken away nitro over the years.

I still like the screaming, 10,000rpm blown alcohol cars. :)

Carl, I think that Don Garlits won the race in 1986. Beat Darrell on a hole shot in the final with a 5.39 ET (or something like that). "I could be wrong" Do remember everyone was astonished at that 5.26 and that was also the handwriting on the wall - gotta go all concrete for the track.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back