Two Lady Racers - Head To Head This Boxing Day In Sydney! (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1](Sydney, NSW) It's fastest woman in Australia against the fastest woman in the World - head to head this Boxing Day in Sydney!

What isn't there to like about Amanda Shepherd? She is far from ordinary, is young and vibrant (young enough to know what Facebook and MySpace means) and more importantly, will represent the Aussie girl-power onslaught against the fastest women in the world - Hillary Will at Western Sydney Dragway for the Fuchs presents the Shannon's USA Top Fuel Showdown (December 26-27th 2008).

Bob has stepped out of the driver's seat for the Showdown, and will be letting daughter Amanda get back in to hopefully make Australian history by racing a female Top Fuel driver down the ¼ mile. "It has never been done before in Australia, and I'm hoping that I get paired up against Hillary If only for just 1 qualifying pass. It's such an honour that the fastest female in the world is coming out to our country to show us what she's made of and to bring on the girl power. We need to encourage more of today's women to get out there and follow their dreams", beamed Amanda.

The Skips sponsored Shepherd Racing team had to sit out the Willowbank & Kwinana Motorplex meetings in the ANDRA Championship 2008/2009 season due to insufficient funds, however we are ready to take on the big boys in our home town, in front of our home crowd.

"We have had a lot of time to get the car ready for the next International Dragway meeting on Boxing day, as our last race meeting was the opening of the Season, the 2008 Australian Nationals where qualifying was the only racing we did due to heavy rains on the Sunday" says Bob. "It was definitely very disappointing as I had been out of the car for over 1 year and was itching to get back in the drivers seat, however the thrill of doing very well in qualifying with a 5.02 sec pass & getting into the field put me on a high that will last until I get back into the drivers seat". The rain certainly did not dishearten the '1/4 mile smile' as he was on a high for weeks end after qualifying. "The minute Dad stepped out of the car down the bottom end after getting in the field, he had a bounce back in his step - one that I hadn't seen for 12 months, whilst I was driving. I know that he really enjoyed watching me race and being on the outside looking in, however I know how much passion he has for this sport and it bought a tear to my eye to see him back on cloud 9. After 12 months out of the car, Dad certainly hasn't lost his touch, and it just proves he never will".

In the mean time, the Shepherd Racing team have purchased a Mercedes Benz truck (that is as old as Dad) this will tow the newly furbished trailer to and from Sydney meetings. Also, the team will be sporting around new Skips & Shepherd Race team shirts. Keep your eyes open for them and say hello if you see them around the WSID track.

Amanda & Bob will also be available on both days to sign posters, photos and answer any questions you may have.

With less than 2 weeks until the Scott Kalitta Memorial round, the Shepherd Racing team have been making some final adjustments, and are ready to rock 'n' roll for the Shannon's USA Top Fuel Showdown - "Girl Power" is all Amanda 'Moo' can say.

Do not miss Top Fuel this Boxing Day!

Fuchs presents Shannons USA Top Fuel Showdown
December 26 -27, 2008
Western Sydney Dragway
Ferrers Road, Eastern Creek

- Featuring USA Star and world's fastest female - Hillary Will!
- USA (Kalitta) car and crew!
- Racing for the Scott Kalitta Memorial Trophy.
- 2008-2009 ANDRA Championship Round for Top Fuel & Top Alcohol.
- Gate opening times approx. 9am both days.

Attachments

• 1508.jpg
    1508.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 209
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back