Troy Coughlin ends Pro Mod season with steady outing in Vegas (1 Viewer)

LAS VEGAS (Nov. 2) -- JEGS.com racer Troy Coughlin had one of his better outings of the 2008 JEGS ProMod Challenge with a strong qualifying effort and a Round 1 appearance at the eighth annual ACDelco Las Vegas Nationals at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Coughlin earned a spot in the elimination field with a fifth-best 6.064 at 234.74 mph, which equaled his best starting position of the year.

"We had some fun," Coughlin said. "This series is attracting the very best Pro Mod racers in the country every weekend. It seems like every time you look up there's a former champion in the other lane. Just qualifying for these deals among this group is really an accomplishment. I'm very proud of this JEGS.com race team."

As the No. 5 qualifier, Coughlin opened Sunday's elimination racing against "Tombstone" Tommy Gray, who earned the No. 12 spot on the grid. Gray's best numbers show a 6.128 at 236.63 mph. But when the lights flashed, Coughlin encountered some trouble and slowed to a 6.514 at 182.65 mph, allowing Gray to take the win with a 6.104 at 238.05 mph.

"Something happened there with the car," Coughlin said. "For us, it's all about improving each run but we took a step back in Round 1. We're into the off-season now and we'll definitely find some time for testing. This is still a very new car and there are always bugs to be worked out.

"I'm thrilled with the season as a whole. The championship chase went down to the wire and we had awesome events at every stop on the tour. I need to thank all the racers for helping us become the premier Pro Mod series in the country. We did it together and everyone should be very proud of what we've accomplished."

Information regarding JEGS ProMod Challenge can be found at JEGS ProMod Challenge.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back