Top Ten Books or Series (1 Viewer)

d'kid

Nitro Member
The Alias Forgotten Realms series: Azure Bonds, The Wyvern's Spur, Song of the Saurials
Any Story with Elminster in it...

Harold Coyle "Tanking Stories": Team Yankee, Sword Point, Bright Star, Trial by Fire, The Ten Thousand.

RAH's Sail into the Sunset, Number of the Beast, The Cat Who Walks Through Walls,Time Enough For Love, Future History, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Stranger in a Strange Land, I Will Fear No Evil.

And Naz....
I Still can't steal the Dark Elf Books from my youngest... they are on my next reading list

Last edited:
Gotta give it up to the Harry Potter books just because they got so many kids into reading.
My personal fave will always be On The Road.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring; The Two Towers; The Return of the King. It's all about Tolkien... I love all of his stuff & the world he created.

The Forgotten Realms are awesome... R.A. Salvatore is my favorite of the Realms writers. His character Drizzt is one of the all time best.

I've already admitted in another thread that I'm a Jane Austin fan, so all of her books are on my list.

I've recently started reading J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books, what a delight they are.

Someone you may not have heard of is Christopher Paolini, he's maybe 19 now. He's written the fantasy books Eragon & Eldest, a third book called Empire should be out shortly. I really enjoyed the first two books, but I've read many critics, other readers, and so on who don't care for Paolini or his books at all.
Initally (before I'd even read the jacket cover), I didn't want to read Eragorn because it was written by an 18 year old, and I thought he was a little to arrogant for his own good... curiosity got the best of me though and I'm glad it did. Again they are good books, and entertaining reading I thought. jmo

Naz... Was just handed Homeland :)
Left alot off my list...

Sonja Blue Vampire stories
Anne Rice
Soul Rider Series

And on and on... try to read a book or two a week

Hitch Hikers... all of them

Anything by James Alexander Thom. Historical fiction and he researches his butt off. Anyone who travels(ed) across I64 between the Atlantic and Louisville KY should read "Follow the River". Man, you will never look at those mountains and rivers the same way again, especially between Charlottesville, VA and Ashland, KY.

Dr. Suess...all of them! PERIOD!

Oh yeah, I love Harold Coyle too. Some of my other faves in that genre are Larry Bond (Vortex, Red Phoenix), Dale Brown (Flight of the Old Dog, Silver Tower), and Stephen Coonts (Flight of the Intruder). Actually Coonts wrote another non-fiction book (think it was called "The Cannibal Queen") about him flying a vintage Stearman across the USA with his son. A very good read/travelogue.

My favourite series though is W.E.B. Griffin's "Brotherhood of War" and "The Corps". I think he has the right balance of battlefield action and peacetime fables and foibles in the military fiction genre.

Right on Doug....
Have read everything on your list... Read the Brotherhood series in two weeks while between jobs back in the early nineties.... still have them all in paperback... now on the fall reading list...

Anything by Stepen King...the man has a twisted mind for sure.

Mary Stewart's The Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills and The Last Enchantment...stories of Merlin and King Aurther's court...great reading.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back