Top Fuel Mt. Rushmore (1 Viewer)

Ok so we put Don Schumacher's face on it. :D I kid.

lol......I guess if it's okay with Don and Tony I'm good

HOw many were with Alan Johnson tuning? Seven? And Mike Green had two. So there is some credit to be extended to Alan. With fuel car, it's not just the driver.

So do we put an astersik next to Snake's titles because he had Bob Brandt? or how about Beadle winning with Dale Emery? Should we re-evaluate Bernstein's Championships with Dale Armstrong? Maybe discount Amato's titles because he had Tim Richards. I'm not taking credit away from Alan Johnson, Mike Green, Dan Olsen, or any other tuner to ever spin a wrench. It's a package deal.

So 8 Top Fuel World Championships, most in class history with 5 consecutive. And, He's the winning-est Top Fuel driver with 81 wally's, all in Top Fuel. Also, he's tied with Bob Glidden at 9 U.S. Nationals victories; most in NHRA history. But Tony is a maybe? C'mon man give Tony Schumacher credit where it's due.
No knock on Tony. That's why I had him and Amato next in line ... their dominance of the class in their time is unprecedented except for Garlits.

If it has to be 4 people ... I think that has to be the list in TF: Garlits, Muldowney, Schumacher, Amato.

I think a valid criteria would be over 1000 hours spent towing the car to races. Fly in racers just don't make it to legendary, IMHO.

With that in mind:
Garlits
Kalitta,
Muldowney
Prudhomme

*maybe a special display for Larry Dixon who got his 1000 hours in the back of his Dad's station wagon.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back