Top Fuel Harleys at Bristol (1 Viewer)

I can honestly say Larry McBride is the number one nice guy in the world of fuel burning motorcycles. I have had the pleasure to speak with him at length about burning nitro in a motorcycle on three occasions and was shocked at the information he freely gave out. He has many connections to some big name fuel crew chiefs and swaps many tuning tips back and forth with them. His bro. is the crew chief and calls most of the shots. A great team.:)

The nitro harley in the IHRA was awesome. Lots of good racing, I believe that they were in the 6.2x at 22x during their final year. They were really a fan favorite, probably only behind Top Fuel and Pro Mod. Unfortuneately, in the NHRA, like Pro Mod, they are nothing but a time filling exhibition class with even less to race for. I don't know why the IHRA has not been able to come up for a sponsor to bring them back, unless they are sitting back and trying to get the class to bring in its own sponsor, like they tried with the alky funnies.:mad:

It would be interesting to see TFH in NHRA. Harley sponsors both the NHRA and the AHDRA. Which would they choose? AHDRA pays TFH $6K to first place per race and $25K to the TF champion.

I can honestly say Larry McBride is the number one nice guy in the world of fuel burning motorcycles.

Couldn't agree more. Years ago at Indy, I said to him, "you make me nervous when you start crawling all over the bike." He replied with a chuckle, "what do you think it does to me?" A great guy.

I actually talked at length with Spiderman back in '98 at Indy. Talking about Elmer, and racing the bike in general. He told me that Stopping the Bike is far more adventurous than the Pass itself. All that weight goes to that small front tire.

I was in the other lane went Bill Furr broke his handlebarwent we got down to the top end he told me went handlebar broke it went down and shifted into high gear that was Three races I will not forget for a long time going to two finals with a good friend Jim McClure that it self was the trip

I was in the other lane went Bill Furr broke his handlebarwent we got down to the top end he told me went handlebar broke it went down and shifted into high gear that was Three races I will not forget for a long time going to two finals with a good friend Jim McClure that it self was the trip

Steve,

Good to see you post on here, I remember at that race in Melbourne your wife gave me a lift on the cart to the top end to pick you up, in fact I believe it was after your win :) You guys and everybody that weekened gave me one of my best and one weekend I'll never forget. What are you doing these days?

Hope all is well.

Thanks we had a great time I quit racing harley full time end 04 rode for few people in 05 and sold every harley race part I had in 06 how I work Doug Foley on his Top fuel car doing the clutch have been there for 3 years fly in on friday fly out on sunday still getting my nitro fix still talk to alot of the racers I talk to Kent K and Ron H over the weekend and Bill Furr all the time

Oh dear,

Dude 'rice rocket'? racism is not cool dude.

Man shame you never probably saw Elmer Trett's bike go down the strip at night... or caught Larry Mcbride and Jim Brantley running 5's or Roel Koedams bike run low 6.0's, or the awesome piece that is Jay Upton's fuel bike...

Man get a clue!!!!

wow........I thought it was 2007.........Then I was slammed back into the 60's.:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back