Top Fuel bike (2 Viewers)

when i was a kid, there was a nitro bike in the magazines often. wanna' say name was russ collins? am i remembering rite?
Yes Mike, Russ lived in so. California knew him well. He had many bikes from a single to a three motor. Russ also drove a Top fuel dragster. If you Google Russ Collins drag racing you can see Russ flying going over backwards in a video of him at Pomona in the lights. He didn't get a scratch.
(RIP Russ)
Larry Sutton---🤠

1715631708199.png

This was Collins in Bill Miller's car, I believe.

Hopefully the NHRA will treat these guys better than they did the TFH guys.
The V-8 motor he made out of Honda inline 4s was way ahead of its time, it would be great if someone could combine 2 Harley motors side by side into one block for a V-4 that could be competitive with inline 4s in top fuel

Knew a guy who had a V-MAX motor built for pro stock motorcycle that was sick fast, told me that NHRA outlawed it because it was to fast, said he got it from Vance and Hines after NHRA killed it, another motor base that I think would make a great T/F bike motor

Knew a guy who had a V-MAX motor built for pro stock motorcycle that was sick fast, told me that NHRA outlawed it because it was to fast, said he got it from Vance and Hines after NHRA killed it, another motor base that I think would make a great T/F bike motor
Big VMax fan here; I've owned 3. I always wondered if there was race potential in one of its engines. Guess there was.

We had a top fuel bike at Huntsville dragway that used to test regularly back in the late 80s and early 90s. I do not remember who it was. Maybe someone on here knows.

We also had a turbo funny bike, I think it was on nitro, run by Mike Hickey. Anyone remember that bike?

I love those bikes, much, much more than pro stock bike. I could watch top fuel bike all day long. I generally fast-forward past Pro stock motorcycle.

Last edited:
I feel ya for sure.

They’re just going too fast, man. People are going to get killed otherwise.
That’s not the reason. When I went to visit Larry back in March he told me that he, Dave and Jimmy were fine with running to the 1320. The European team and a couple of others out voted Larry as the other riders weren’t there at the time when the decision was made. As Larry said, if he comes off at 270 or 200 it’s going to hurt.

That’s not the reason. When I went to visit Larry back in March he told me that he, Dave and Jimmy were fine with running to the 1320. The European team and a couple of others out voted Larry as the other riders weren’t there at the time when the decision was made. As Larry said, if he comes off at 270 or 200 it’s going to hurt.
I don’t understand the decision then. If it’s not because of speed danger, then it is inexplicable. It may hurt either way, but coming off at 200 versus 270 is a huge huge difference. Think about it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back