Top 8 Chase ! (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
ND HEADLINE !!

POWERade Pros ready to thunder at Bristol as Countdown timer ticks on!

Wow I cant tell you how excited I am about this countdown... Shezzzz if it weren't for ND keeping us updated on it I'd never get any news on who will, won't or "might" make the TOP 8 !]

This is just as exciting as NASCAR .. except I do miss the "Donuts" after the Pros win their class.... Sure it would be easy for the PSB or PS to do one.. but I want to see a TF do one :D

I thought it was funny when even they put playoff in quotes. Even they know its fake, bs and pointless.

No but I also realize that in those sports the best team does not always win the championship. In drag racing we've always had the truest championship. You had to be great over a season, a hot streak or cold streak at the right/wrong time would not ruin a season. A win in Pomona in February was just as important as a win in Bristol this weekend as it will be in Pomona this fall. Now a win in Memphis is immensley more important then winning this weekend. and a win in Vegas is worth everything.

Now instead of noticing that any team can win funny car or top fuel any week we are watching for who will be in 8th freakin place. All these dnq's we've seen this year would be bigger news, now it doesn't matter since they only have to be top 8.

Now its all about luck, greatness has been tossed out for medicrocy.

off course other sports also need playoffs as they do not play everybody. There are 32 football teams in the nfl they play 16 games and they play 3 teams twice. College basketball has 219ish teams, College football 110ish. They can't play everyone so a playoff makes sense. Baseball and Hockey doesn't play everyone.
Here the contenders show up to every race, your gonna face the other top guns several times during the season. I know your gonna think basketball where they do play everyone at least twice. In their playoff you actually play the team in a best of 7 series and non playoff teams are not in the way.

At this point we've backed our sport up 30 years. Before Winston it was whomever won the last race was the champ. It was realized then that changes needed to be made and the season as a whole was important. I don't want a lucky system or a welfare system. I know I'd be too proud to accept a championship won under these rules, unless I truely had the most points and not some scam to manfacture false excitement.

Instead of celebrating and promoting what makes our sport great and different from the others we are trying to copy them. Hockey has done the same things and their ratings have dropped, even among the once very faithful.

Do you also think the playoffs in football and baseball as fake, bs, and pointless?

Apples and oranges. Playoffs are fine in football, baseball, etc., where it's the players vs players. Drag racing's drivers and their cars against each other format is entirely different in that now, it just takes one broken throttle linkage, one up in smoke run, a throttle stop left on ONCE, a belt coming off while ahead, and a dominant car (GA, to name one) can be shown the door. As Austin Coil (and PJ) said,
they don't like the countdown because "it rewards luck rather than skill". That's it in a nutshell. Weak, phony bullsh*t, plain as day.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back