Too early for Matt Smith in Houston (1 Viewer)

CHARLOTTE, NC (May 1, 2011) – Matt Smith and his Al-Anabi Racing Buell headed into Houston, Texas this past weekend with high hopes; however Smith would leave the Royal Purple Raceway frustrated.

“We had some issues in qualifying,” said Smith. “We worked hard to get the kinks out, and were the second quickest bike in the third session on Saturday. I was pumped and ready for race day, guess just a little too bit ready.”

Smith qualified in the number 11 spot for the 24th annual O’Reilly NHRA Spring Nationals. Having to run a very fast Gerald Savoie first round, Smith knew he and his Buell would have to be on point.

Smith however, left a little too early. Red-lighting by .029, Smith would lose the round.

“I have nobody to blame but myself. I haven’t red-lighted in a long time, so I guess sooner or later I had one coming. They say you’re not trying hard enough if you don’t red light every now and then, so I will just keep telling myself that. Needless to say I am ready to get to Atlanta and put this behind me.”

The 2007 NHRA Full Throttle Pro Stock Motorcycle Champion will regroup and head to the Atlanta Dragway in Atlanta, GA in two weeks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back