Tony Shoe Wins..... (1 Viewer)

I thought the Joe Amato / Gary Ormsby final was better.

WHY?

Both drivers suited up and in their cars.

Winner take all... (No exact ET window of opportunity to factor in.)

Driver to driver. Heads up...MAX CACKLE...

...oh.....and you did what Buster told you to do.

Would Allen Johnson send Tony down the track if he was made aware of unsafe conditions? Didn't he lose his brother to a top fuel accident that had nothing to do with safety violations? I just don't think he's willing to gamble that much to win.

Didn't Tony have a horrific accident that could have cost him his life, or at the very least one leg and the use of one hand? Do you really think he's that much of an idiot or so competitive that he would risk an unsafe run, especially when he was already qualified? I just don't think he would.

Would Allen Johnson send Tony down the track if he was made aware of unsafe conditions? Didn't he lose his brother to a top fuel accident that had nothing to do with safety violations? I just don't think he's willing to gamble that much to win.

Didn't Tony have a horrific accident that could have cost him his life, or at the very least one leg and the use of one hand? Do you really think he's that much of an idiot or so competitive that he would risk an unsafe run, especially when he was already qualified? I just don't think he would.

Read section 19 of your rule book if you have one. Tony was instructed to shut it down. It's not up to Tony or AJ. When you are given an instruction by track personnel, you do it. You agreed to do it when you joined NHRA. You didn't agree to only do it when you felt like it.

Read section 19 of your rule book if you have one. Tony was instructed to shut it down. It's not up to Tony or AJ. When you are given an instruction by track personnel, you do it. You agreed to do it when you joined NHRA. You didn't agree to only do it when you felt like it.
I'll side w/Kelly on that one.

After watching it several times..it was nothing but mass confusion on the starting line. After Rick walked past Alan..and Alan staged Tony..what the hell was Tony to think?

If Buster was going to shut him off..it would have happened instantly..and then Doug would have moved in and ran.

This is Rick's responsibility..if he would have stood at the front of the car and signaled shut off (like I can picture Buster doing)..instead of hee-hawing around..there would have been no doubt..and this wouldn't have happened.

" Much ado about nothing." Thankfully, that faux pas played no part in the outcome of the Championship. What if TS set the record on that run, and didn't run well enough to set it on Sunday, subsequently got it DQ'd or if he got penalized pts for not shutting down? The Championship was earned on the track so, who could ask for more? If nothing else, it played into the drama.

I'll side w/Kelly on that one.

After watching it several times..it was nothing but mass confusion on the starting line. After Rick walked past Alan..and Alan staged Tony..what the hell was Tony to think?

If Buster was going to shut him off..it would have happened instantly..and then Doug would have moved in and ran.

This is Rick's responsibility..if he would have stood at the front of the car and signaled shut off (like I can picture Buster doing)..instead of hee-hawing around..there would have been no doubt..and this wouldn't have happened.
That's not what happened. Tony saw the shut down command. He ignored Rick and waited for AJ to tell him. It's the drivers responsibility and he ignored it.

You also need to read sectiom 19 of your rule book.

WHY?

People seem to forget about that race... I wish Gary never left early on the lights. One of the all time great races.

But I will say Tony's efforts are still astounding, and very much blew my mind at Pomona

WHY?

Yea........you are probably right from a pure viewing enjoyment standpoint, but I think the very things you mentioned (window) made this result more astounding:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back