Tony Pedregon says on air "I don't think that damage for the ROKIT team warranted a chassis change." (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
If they saw something after the run with quick inspection, or a better look while towing it back, or something that Alexis saw, He shouldn't be personally saying that when out of his same segment he says how "These cars of dangerous." Probably at least 15-20 people have a better look at it than he does. In reminds me of 2000 when Dixon ended the semi-final at Memphis with a bent frame, they didn't change and beat it a bit. We all know what happened in the final.

I didn't see her kablooey; I heard it was pretty violent. Hope she's OK; hope Leah Pruitt still has a back in one piece.

If they saw something after the run with quick inspection, or a better look while towing it back, or something that Alexis saw, He shouldn't be personally saying that when out of his same segment he says how "These cars of dangerous." Probably at least 15-20 people have a better look at it than he does. In reminds me of 2000 when Dixon ended the semi-final at Memphis with a bent frame, they didn't change and beat it a bit. We all know what happened in the final.
Patrick what's your problem? You get all bent out of shape at JR Todd, now you're ragging on Tony, maybe instead of JR, you should shut up!

Rick

I kind of thought the same thing myself as it didn't seem like the chassis took a hard hit, mostly bounced back and forth on the slicks.

I kind of thought the same thing myself as it didn't seem like the chassis took a hard hit, mostly bounced back and forth on the slicks.
It was only his opinion. I thought the rear end would have to be closely checked due to the hit. But, we’ve all seen so many frame rails get bent or broken by these nitro nukes going off...I’m sure they inspected the chassis while they worked on it and if they saw anything concerning, roll it out and back up the 2nd car...these are professionals folks

Took a pretty big thump to the wall with the left wheel. Easier to drag out the other car. Inspect that one later.

Then Alan was wrong

Alan was wrong. I was told by Race Control that it was a back up car. And I believe that Bruno reported the same on the TV show, but not 100% sure about that.

I am at the track now, and went by the hauler to ask. Here's the straight scoop (as first reported by Darrell). They hurt the body E1, put the back up body on for E2. Turned it into toothpicks. Got out the back up chassis, then decided to run the original chassis, did a quick repair on the primary body and that's what you saw in E3.

One thing about being locked in the tower, it makes it harder to go out and find these things out for myself.

Alan

They did roll out the backup car, had it in the pit stall, but when they inspected the original car, decided that it would be quicker to just repair it......

They did roll out the backup car, had it in the pit stall, but when they inspected the original car, decided that it would be quicker to just repair it......
They mentioned on TV that they weren't comfortable using the backup car as it was virtually new and the damaged car was repairable.

Hats off to the crew. They had 45 min to get the car fixed & ready to go. No warm up. Just the fact that they got the car to the line was a win to me. Was glad Alexis was up to driving the car. Glad NHRA has the rule that sez you can drive the back up car. Steve Torrence did that as well.

I don't think there is a team out there that wants to use a back up car if the original car is repairable and safe. A lot of teams don't even want to change blowers between rounds if they don't have to. That's why a lot of teams freshen up the original one between rounds. The one thing I know without a shadow of doubt though, is that Del would never let Alexis get in a car that he felt the chassis wasn't safe after repairs. I know how concerned he was and how much strict attention was paid to safety when we licensed her in Texas. I think I will go out on a limb here and say that blower didn't get used again. 🙂

My comment was truly based on Alan’s erroneous info. Just kidding Alan 😳. Anyone know what happened on the next lap ?

One thing about being locked in the tower, it makes it harder to go out and find these things out for myself.

Alan
oh come on, your the chief announcer, you mean to tell me, u don't have a platoon of gophers and flunkies, at your disposal, to gather intel ! :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back