Tommy "T.C." Lemons needs prayer (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
Please keep T.C. in your prayers. Longtime crewchief and friend of Don "Big Daddy" Garlits, was in Marion Hospital in Ocala on Friday, being tested for the possibility that bladder cancer has spread to the bone marrow.

He will be having a consultation today, to discuss the results and plans for treatment.

Hang in there T.C. Keeping you in my prayers.

Last edited:
T.C. will be in our prayers. He's been with Big for quite some time. I have "bench raced" with T.C. several times during visits to Big's museum.

Looks like the results of the testing won't be available until January 22. Waiting, on top of everything else, is a tough thing to go through in itself.

From Steve Gibbs in a Yahoo Group.....

We're all concerned about Tommy Lemons, so I hope this comes as "relatively" good news. I just spoke with Butch Maas, who recently went through bladder cancer surgery himself, and has been giving T.C. some real first hand advice and support. According to Butch, T.C. just received all of his pathology reports, and the encouraging news is that the cancer has apparently not spread either into the bone or other areas...and is confined to the bladder. Fortunately, bladder cancer is generally slow to spread. Butch was diagnosed more than a year before his surgery. This is nothing to take lightly, and there will be some tough procedures ahead - with and other issues to face....but it is treatable, and the prognosis isn't as grim as it once seemed. Butch will definitely help our man get through this....

Hook
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep the prayers coming folks... let's help T.C. beat this

Thanks for the update, Junkie. That's better news than was previously reported. Don't find too many guys like T.C. Walk up to him anytime and he'll start talkin' to ya like he's known you forever. We're thinking about you T.C. and you are most definetly in our prayers.

Late..............................Mitch

Jackee,

Thanks so much for being the conduit for news that's important to a large number of us here. Your contacts and reach are very much appreciated.

I'm sure it's been said before, but it struck me it needed saying again.

From Steve Gibbs in a Yahoo Group.....

We're all concerned about Tommy Lemons, so I hope this comes as "relatively" good news. I just spoke with Butch Maas, who recently went through bladder cancer surgery himself, and has been giving T.C. some real first hand advice and support. According to Butch, T.C. just received all of his pathology reports, and the encouraging news is that the cancer has apparently not spread either into the bone or other areas...and is confined to the bladder. Fortunately, bladder cancer is generally slow to spread. Butch was diagnosed more than a year before his surgery. This is nothing to take lightly, and there will be some tough procedures ahead - with and other issues to face....but it is treatable, and the prognosis isn't as grim as it once seemed. Butch will definitely help our man get through this....

Hook
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep the prayers coming folks... let's help T.C. beat this

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back