Time, again, to talk about hearing and hearing damage (1 Viewer)

I had no idea I had something in common with so many of you guys besides drag racing. I have had a super high pitch ringing in both ears for a few years but thought the sound was coming from the TV set, like in the old days when we had TV's with tubes that had to warm up. About a year ago it became louder so I went to the doc. My hearing is pretty good but I have this damn ringing. Pretty sure mine is from power tools, cars, and rock'n roll through headphones turned all the way up for hours at a time. Now I wear NRA ear gear at the drags and when I'm cutting and edging the lawn. Told my wife she should wear them when she's blow drying her hair. Good luck to you guys as there's a little but not much we can do about it.

38 with mild tinnitus. Been drag racing since I was 10 and then traveling with monster Jam didn't help. I cover my ears with racing electronics radio headset, its nice to be able to hear Reinhart when the fuel cars are running.

I did pass my pre employment police physical though that had a hearing test.

I've had a ringing in my left ear about 5 years. Been to 3 different doctors and they all ask the same question, been around loud noises? I've tried a number of different things and honestly its just a way of life. Hard to believe but I'm pretty much use to it now days.

….but those nitro crew folks who are _trained_ to remove thier earmuffs at idle in order to hear the timing and valves better ???? Come on, man.
I still say the most ear-damaging time to hear a top fuel motor (in the pits) is at shut down, when the motor is leaning out and running down. Gosh that’s ear-splitting.

Ways To Support Nitromater