Think you fellow maters can help with, uh, something? (1 Viewer)

I've met and dated women that I first "met" online, but it never was through any type of online dating or matchmaker site. What you might view as your best traits may not be what someone else has at the top of his or her list as what they find attractive, and they won't give your "ad" a second look.

The ladies I've gotten together with were all involved in the same forums as I was, much like this forum. You already have at least one thing in common, and forum discussions rarely adhere to one subject (this place is an excellent example). You get to know more about who someone is by reading their thoughts and opinions on a variety of subjects. One of the ladies I first "met" online in this manner resulted in our sharing an upper deck, private balcony cabin on a 9-day cruise to Central America....and she paid her half! :) While we aren't romantically involved, she is, and will forever be, one of my best friends. We do manage to spend some time together at least once a year (she lives in California and I'm in Colorado). I'll be seeing her again in a month in Vegas, and I know it'll be fun! :) Who knows....maybe one of these days, she'll get tired of the fast-paced high-priced living in California, and I'll get tired of Colorado winters, and we'll end up together in Arizona or New Mexico. :)

I'm no Brad Pitt but can hold my own but it's like those women want a meathead (which I am not) and/or a millionaire (again, I am not). Shallow b*tches. :mad:

It must also be pointed out that the site has a feature where people can rate your picture, my highest ratings came from the... 35-45 yr old bracket! Noting bad about women that age but that's a little out of my age range. :eek:

Samuel, my friend, therein may lie some of the problem...too many generalizations. Not all women want Brad Pitts, meatheads or millionaires. Personally speaking, I would want someone with common interests on which to start a conversation. And, what is wrong with an "older" women. You may be pleasantly surprised ;) It's the substance of the person not their age.
I always have to chuckle when I peruse those personal ads in the newspaper. Women usually are looking for men, period. Men are looking for that "fit, shapely, slim, slender, attractive" woman. :D

When I was reading all the bios I laughed at all the guys loving walks on the beach, picnics at dusk and long talks until sunrise. YUK! Doesn't interest me at all! That is a case of guys gearing toward a 'particular' woman......needy & selfish and doesn't have a clue what a real man is. ;)

Men are looking for that "fit, shapely, slim, slender, attractive" woman. :D
I know that's what I want. I certainly don't want an out of shape woman that's shaped like a pear when I'm in pretty decent shape myself. :) It's the other qualities that I'd also like them to have that make me think I have greater chance of proving bigfoot exists than I do of finding this mythical woman. :rolleyes: Who'd think it would be so hard to find a woman that doesn't have kids, hasn't whored around, hasn't done drugs, has her head screwed on straight, is easy to get along with and talk to, etc. :eek: I guess it's time to buy some hiking gear and start looking for bigfoot because I've all but given up on women.

When I was reading all the bios I laughed at all the guys loving walks on the beach, picnics at dusk and long talks until sunrise. YUK! Doesn't interest me at all! That is a case of guys gearing toward a 'particular' woman......needy & selfish and doesn't have a clue what a real man is. ;)

LOL, you don't think some men are just saying whatever they think a woman wants to hear? :D

I see some excellent points being made, especially by Bob above. I think one way to say it is you're going to need to at least share in your VALUES. That could be a problem with Samuel since he's still in his early twenties and we KNOW they're going to be changing more in a certain direction in a few years. :D

I know that's what I want. I certainly don't want an out of shape woman that's shaped like a pear when I'm in pretty decent shape myself. :) .. Who'd think it would be so hard to find a woman that doesn't have kids, hasn't whored around, hasn't done drugs, has her head screwed on straight, is easy to get along with and talk to, etc.

And if she had all the qualities you're looking for but has the body of a pear, you would pass it by??? That perfect person doesn't exist but good luck in your search. :)

I've never met a woman when I was looking for one, or at least one I would say had any quality to her. If you're looking, I think there's desperation that shows through no matter how you try to hide it. If you focus on being happy with yourself/your life first, then I think you'll be more confident, attractive to others, and have a better chance of ending up with someone you'll actually WANT to be with. :D

Ron, these words ring so true. The best way to find someone is to NOT be in a "gotta find" or "gotta meet" a woman (or man for women readers) as it will happen naturally if you are out there doing stuff you love and are happy with your situation most of the time. Yeah, you still have to have your radar on, but situations will work in your favor if you are receptive and open and confident when those chance encounters occur. That's when you have to be ready.

I don't envy anyone in the single scene or the dating scene, but I guess I should say I just don't envy anyone going through all the games that are apparently going on. I'm just glad things worked out for me a long time ago, and hope they do for you Samuel and for Brent and for you too Kelly. I didn't know your relationship with Daniel had ended last fall, so good luck.

And if she had all the qualities you're looking for but has the body of a pear, you would pass it by??? That perfect person doesn't exist but good luck in your search. :)
Yes, I would pass it by. You can't have a relationship if you're not attracted to them. Sorry, chubby does nothing for me. I'm not asking for perfection, I just want a girl with a good set of values and morals that is attractive to me. She could be good looking and easy to get along with and everything else but if she was the town bicycle in the past then it's a dealbreaker. There sure seems to be a lot of town bicycles running around out there these days. :rolleyes:

I know that's what I want. I certainly don't want an out of shape woman that's shaped like a pear when I'm in pretty decent shape myself. It's the other qualities that I'd also like them to have that make me think I have greater chance of proving bigfoot exists than I do of finding this mythical woman. :rolleyes: Who'd think it would be so hard to find a woman that doesn't have kids, hasn't whored around, hasn't done drugs, has her head screwed on straight, is easy to get along with and talk to, etc. I guess it's time to buy some hiking gear and start looking for bigfoot because I've all but given up on women.

Hiking and Camping Info, News, Pictures, Forum, Shop, Travel and Community @ ABC-of-Hiking

I think L.L. Bean is having a sale this week. :D ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back