The Winternationals Starts Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

glofria

Nitro Member
Word from friends of mine (66 miles to the east of me) in Pomona is that there is snow on the mountains. Weather is calling for cold (for us) temps; ~60 degrees.

The good news is, no more drought.

is it raining in pomona? it's 11:00am PT and there is no 'stockers to the lanes' post by alan? .... no Q results on DRC?

I'll be there Friday for sure....
Current weather:
  • temperature = 55.09 deg f
  • relative humidity = 33 %
  • uncorrected barometer* = 29.15 inHg
  • corrected barometer = 30.27 inHg
  • wind speed = 2.59 mph
  • wind direction = SE (152°)
  • dew point = 27 deg f
  • saturation pressure = 0.437 inHg
  • vapor pressure = 0.144 inHg
  • grains = 21.7
  • air density (w/o water vapor) = 98%
  • air density (w water vapor) = 98%
  • density altitude = 737.37 ft
VERY good air!
Forecast temps: 61 Fri., 58 Sat., and 55 Sun. I know that will draw no sympathy from those north and east, but for us Californians it is truly the WINTERnationals. :)

Last edited:
I'll be there Friday for sure....
Current weather:
  • temperature = 55.09 deg f
  • relative humidity = 33 %
  • uncorrected barometer* = 29.15 inHg
  • corrected barometer = 30.27 inHg
  • wind speed = 2.59 mph
  • wind direction = SE (152°)
  • dew point = 27 deg f
  • saturation pressure = 0.437 inHg
  • vapor pressure = 0.144 inHg
  • grains = 21.7
  • air density (w/o water vapor) = 98%
  • air density (w water vapor) = 98%
  • density altitude = 737.37 ft
VERY good air!
Forecast temps: 61 Fri., 58 Sat., and 55 Sun. I know that will draw no sympathy from those north and east, but for us Californians it is truly the WINTERnationals. :)

Hey, no sympathy needed....here's the weather for Northeast PA
Friday
A chance of rain, mainly before 9am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Breezy, with a west wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 20. Northwest wind around 15 mph.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind 14 to 17 mph.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.

for once Cali isn't too far off of us but race day the cars would slip on a 35 deg track:eek:

Phoenix was 34 this morning & high around 56. That really is chilly for us, especially cuz it can be 118 in the summer. Up in Flagstaff, snow, snow, snow. Go from desert to snow in 2 hours.

The dashboard said it was 26 degrees in Bell Canyon, CA this morning at 6:30 on my way to work. With no humidity, there was no ice on the windshield, but it was there yesterday morning.

All I can say is thank God for heated seats and steering wheel. :):cool:

It'll be interesting to see what the nitro cars can do with good air and a cold track.

We have all of you beat here in Kansas. We had Thunder Ice last night leaving several inches of ice pellets and low teen temperatures. I'm in total hibernation for the near future.

It’s been kinda warm here for the past couple days, I was finally able to wash the car on Monday after it looked horrible over the winter.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back