The way it should be (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
I was at a major retailer buying some anti-freeze. I looked over and there was Rod Fuller's mug on all these boxes of Valvoline. Then on the otherside of the box there was the Valvoline dragster. There were a few case with NASCAR teams on them too but it was refreshing that it wasn't the usual ALL NASCAR ALL THE TIME BS. Then when I went to the anti-freeze section there was the NHRA logo on the Prestone jugs. Needless to say it was a good day at the store for this drag racing fanatic. :)

Last edited:
Your right Rich. Us fanatics look every where for anything Drag Racing.
I went into a truck stop in west Texas , Rip Griffin I think and there was a big poster of the NHRA schedule and points leaders sponsored by Motel 6 and Werner.
I stopped there again on the way back from vacation it was really a neat poster and I sure wish I had one!

Yes, when we race we stay mostly at Motel 6 and I noticed NHRA and the Werner car all over the office and on the door.

Last edited:
I heard Joe on powershift say that Bush is pulling out of the Nascar series were they were a ten Million a year sponsor because .
A.The cost was going up from ten to twenty mill. with France really wanting thirty mill.
B. Anheuser Bush said they would pull out and invest that 10 mill. in other motorsports. Hmmm!
We can hope a little more goes to Top Fuel or maybe more sponsorships at the sportsman level like they used to do.
Ten million would do a lot of sportsman racing every week.

I heard Joe on powershift say that Bush is pulling out of the Nascar series were they were a ten Million a year sponsor because .
A.The cost was going up from ten to twenty mill. with France really wanting thirty mill.
B. Anheuser Bush said they would pull out and invest that 10 mill. in other motorsports. Hmmm!
We can hope a little more goes to Top Fuel or maybe more sponsorships at the sportsman level like they used to do.
Ten million would do a lot of sportsman racing every week.

Not sure what this may or may not have to do with the Busch deal. But I had heard that Domestic Beer sales in the U.S. is way down. So that could be economics more than anything.

These anylist types say the 30 million dollar investment is worth 100 million in advertising. But what about all the other costs in production, taxas and payroll? I can't see how any company can invest 30 million into a racing series of any knid and get the pay back necissary to pay back the costs.

Hey, we're talking Busch beer here - does anybody really drink that stuff willingly? Ranks right up there with Schlitz, Pabst, Old Milwaukee and Pearl in terms of bilge water.

Hey, we're talking Busch beer here - does anybody really drink that stuff willingly? Ranks right up there with Schlitz, Pabst, Old Milwaukee and Pearl in terms of bilge water.
WHOA ! Easy now, Larry. I drink Budweiser and Miller Lite, but I also enjoy an Old Milwaukee and Pabst Blue Ribbon on any given day. Rolling Rock is good stuff stuff too. Now, I can agree about Busch & Schlitz LOL !

WHOA ! Easy now, Larry. I drink Budweiser and Miller Lite, but I also enjoy an Old Milwaukee and Pabst Blue Ribbon on any given day. Rolling Rock is good stuff stuff too. Now, I can agree about Busch & Schlitz LOL !

I used to "head for the mountains" - then I found a few more coins in the ashtray - I upgraded just a little.

gobble, gobble ... crazy bird

It's kind of hard to believe that Pearl and Shiner Bock are brewed within 100 miles of each other, isn't it? :D :D

Larry...larry...larry

Hey Larry...I know you are not a beer drinker. I've seen you with those umbrella drinks at the local watering holes after a day of racing is over! Ha!

Pabst Blue ribbon exists as a brand name but the Pabst brewing company is no longer a real entity. They closed their last brewery a few years ago and now Miller makes PBR. I love the famous PBR quote from the movie slapshot, but if I were to transcribe it here I'd be out on my arse.

Busch is tough stuff...not as bad as Meister Brau though!

Brian

Anyone remember the Papst Blue Ribbon Charger? I never saw it at the track as it was before my time but I did see it in the movie Varrroooom.

I was at a major retailer buying some anti-freeze. I looked over and there was Rod Fuller's mug on all these boxes of Valvoline. Then on the otherside of the box there was the Valvoline dragster. There were a few case with NASCAR teams on them too but it was refreshing that it wasn't the usual ALL NASCAR ALL THE TIME BS. Then when I went to the anti-freeze section there was the NHRA logo on the Prestone jugs. Needless to say it was a good day at the store for this drag racing fanatic. :)

Lemme guess, Checker shchuck's or kragen?

[Del Worsham]Chekashuckragen[/Del Worsham]

Nope it was a Fred Myere store. On the flip side I went into a hobby store and there was tons and tons of NASCAR and no drag racing. I'm going to guess that the NASCAR models wern't selling to well because they had so much of it. I know it's popular but they appeared to me to be over stocked since it wasn't particularly a NASCAR store.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back