The Strip At Las Vegas Info (1 Viewer)

Fantastic idea! I loved it when you used to have the webcam with views of the pits as well, what happened to that? I give LVMS credit for thinking "outside of the box" and coming up with these new ways of sharing with us on the internet.

All they need now is a live pay per view boradcast to go with it.... say $49.95 for the weekend..... ????? i'd buy it....

Billy

All they need now is a live pay per view boradcast to go with it.... say $49.95 for the weekend..... ????? i'd buy it....

Billy

Didn't TNT or ESPN2 try the PPV thing many years ago? I seem to recall you could purchase a package and watch the entire weekend's racing, including EVERY run down the track, from TF to Super classes. I'd jump on that one, now that I'm a professional spectator rather than competitor, lol.

Didn't TNT or ESPN2 try the PPV thing many years ago? I seem to recall you could purchase a package and watch the entire weekend's racing, including EVERY run down the track, from TF to Super classes. I'd jump on that one, now that I'm a professional spectator rather than competitor, lol.
ESPN tried it about 10 years ago. They did three races, all day Sunday, from pre-race to winners circle, non-stop. It was a bargain, $14.95 per event.

My local cable system wouldn't carry the drag racing ESPNPPV. I went to their office and begged them to let me buy it -- they refused and I missed the first one. As the second event was approaching, I was again down at their office, beginning them to let me buy the program. They refused again. The same day, I went to Circuit City and bought a DirecTV dish and receiver so I could buy the remaining two events.

USSB satelite (now Direct TV) offered the PPV service back in 1994 and maybe 1995. One race in 95 got rained out and just listen the announcers talk for serveral hours...Dave Mac and the fuel pump guy...LOL ...Waterman.

I believe it was about 30 bucks for saturday and sunday, or you could just buy one day each.

I believe somewhere i got the World Finals that year on tape both Saturday and Sunday.

I stayed home from the LODRS. Finals are coming up fast and I need time to write a 12-15 pages paper on skill based and pay for knowledge compensation.

I lent the guys my convertable, they figured it would fit better in the trailer than anything they had.

I hate staying home.

Awesome idea! Bringing live coverage to the fans that can't be there is a great way to go. I probably won't ever hear it since I attend both races every year, but I think that it will be a great thing!

I think that would be a great idea, especially for those of us overseas.

S/F
D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back