The media gets it wrong again! drag racing (1 Viewer)

Talk about a convergence of f&(king idiots! You've got street racers (which aren't very bright) and gang members (the scum of society) mixing it up on public streets. Talk a recipe for disaster! I probably shouldn't say this but I will anyway...too bad the out of control cars didn't take out every lowlife thug gangbanger in attendance.

So..

If you have a group of kids playing football in your back yard, instead playing in your local NFL stadium, is it called yard ball instead????

:rolleyes:

Ding Ding Ding... We have a winner in the common sense contest!

I am with ya!

EDB
Must be my Iowa upbringing. :p This was Darwin at work thinning out some idiots from the gene pool. Just look at the people in the vids, you can tell they're not exactly the creme of the crop of society. There's hardly a group on people I dislike more than idiot thugs, gangbangers and wannabe's. Combine that with another group of idiots, street racers, and it's a virtually guaranteed disaster.

I found this on one of the motorcycle forums:
UPDATE:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Police said today a preliminary investigation into a deadly street race in the Pratt Community Sunday shows the fatal shooting there may not have been directly related to the accident that killed a bystander moments earlier.

The accident happened just before 4:30 p.m. during an illegal drag race on Republic Boulevard off Avenue W, an area commonly used for such races, authorities said.

Lonnie King, 29, from the Pratt area, was struck by one of two cars racing on Republic Boulevard off Avenue W while he was photographing race, police said.

A short time later, Anthony Lett, 36, of Huntsville, was shot to death.

Birmingham homicide Sgt. Cory Hardiman said there were several stories about what happened, including the widespread account from witnesses that Lett was shot after he wanted to take King to the hospital.

"That's not the case," Hardiman said today. "A dispute started after the accident and it was during the dispute the victim was shot and killed.

"It's related, but we don't have any evidence there was a dispute over taking anyone to the hospital."

A videotape of the accident is posted on the internet (see below). Hardiman said they have seen the video, but do not yet have a copy in their possession.

Hardiman said there were hundreds of people at the race, many of whom police believed videotaped the event.

"This is a real good example of people going on about their business when they could come forward with information," he said.

And then there's this, supposedly from the friend of the guy that was shot. See if you can sort through the Ebonics to make any sense of it:
This is from a friend of Lett's that was there.

Originally Posted by ablaydes
if you wasnt there then just listen and dont talk, i for one was there and experince a horrible accident, it was something that nobody should ever haft to witness, before the race even started it should have ended but it was a ****ed up situation, the guys from florida got there late after the other car from north alabama had been there atleast 3 hours waiting so the guys from north alabama made a coulple of test passes to get the right if the road ready to race, well when they got there of course words were spoke about the bet, well they lined the car up and the guys from florida wanted to move the start line up 30 feet well the guy from nort alabama said NO im not racing cause it was a dead end street and there was only so much room to stop and if you move the start line up 30 feet then thet wouldnt have been able to stop period not enough room, so the guy from north alabama said well if there goin to be like that then lets load the car up and go home boys, so when he was pulling the car off the road to load up one of the guys came over and said to the driver from north alabama that if he loaded the car up he was going to be shot, so needless to say nobody wants to be shot, so he really had no choice in the matter it was either get in the car and race or your going to be shot , so hee pulls the car back out on the road and they line up, and all hell breaks loose from there
the car in the right lane was from north alabama and the other in the left was from florida, they take off and about 300 ft out the car in the right lane started to power slide over to the car in the left lane hiiting the pass. door of the car in the left lane, knocking them into the light poll snapping the light poll in half hitting a guy from florida that was watching to see who won at the end it broke both his legs then when they hit the light pole the car that go hit in the pass. door keep going shooting him acroos the other side of the road hitting another person dragging him atleast 60 to 70 ft then hitting a fire hydrate and a sign stopping, well why this was goin on Anthony Lett went to see if there was any saving the guy that got draged underneath the car ( on record guys i got 3 feet from the guy and i had to turn around ive never seen anything like that before) when trying to put the guy in lett truck the guys from florida disagreed and said to leave him there and Lett said that they couldnt leave him like this layin here so while loading the guy up in his truck BIG LETT was shot in the back 4 times for trying to help an injured or dead person either way he meant no harm, lETT WAS NOT DUMPED AT UAB HE WAS LOADED UP AND TAKIN TO UAB AND WAS PRONOUNCED DEAD AT THE HOSPITAL AT 4:51PM THEY DID NOT DUMP HIM ON THE FRONT DOOR HIS FRIENDS TOOK HIM TO UAB
Lett was a good guy, always joking,always smiling, loved being around dragracing, and alot of people appreciated him for his attitude very big guy but never violent, i knew him for a long time and i have been around him enough to know that he did not deserve to go like that,,, BIG BEAR YOU WILL BE MISSED, I KNOW THAT YOU WILL ALWAYS BE RIDIN IN THE PASSENGER SEAT OF ALL THE DRAG RACERS THAT YOU KNOW, CAUSE WE KNOW THAT YOU WILL KEEP US SAFE SO THE NEXT 1/8TH OF A MILE IN KING KONG IS FOR YOU BIG BEAR YOU WILL BE MISSED

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back