Drag Racing gets a bad rap again (1 Viewer)

!

Nitro Member
WEST LABANON, Conn. (WTNH) – An East Hartford man has been hospitalized with burns and injuries to his eye, after is drag-racing car exploded.

The driver, 34-year-old Jose Santana was airlifted to the hospital after his cars motor blew up in the pit area of the drag strip at Lebanon Valley Dragway. The car was being tuned up for the race at the time.

Santana’s injuries are non-life threatening. Investigators are trying to determine why the engine exploded.

This accident happened just a week after a 20-year-old driver was struck and killed by NASCAR champion Tony Stewart at a race track in upstate New York.

This was reported by YAHOO this morning. Why do they need to compare this with Tony Stewart's incident

I don't see a bad rap in there. Reporting about an accident.

The reference to Stewart wasn't necessary, but whatever.

I don't see a bad rap in there. Reporting about an accident.

The reference to Stewart wasn't necessary, but whatever.

Agreed - fully. I'm not surprised, though, WTNH's reporting of basic NASCAR Sprint Cup results is pathetic at best. Shame on YAHOO, also, for not checking their facts, and not only spelling the name of the town wrong, but not even getting the state right on their dateline. Rush to publish, edit later; and the journalism industry wonders why it gets a bad rap...

Do you think the news would have reported how he did in the race? Not a chance.
I agree the mention of Smoke wasn't necessary.

Maybe the engine ran away for some reason . A nitrous backfire possibly . Anyone who doesn't think racing cars isn't dangerous should do a rethink .
Safety equipment don't help a lot leaning over the engine in the pits .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back