The Following was on DRC (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
I saw this on the DRC web site....

>>>Of course none of that really means anything now because it's a whole new year and everyone is starting out with the same amount of points.zero!! By the way, you'll want to remind yourself of that after the Maple Grove race later this year when the eight teams and drivers in each class are set for the "Countdown to the Championship." Remember that everyone started out even and all of the teams had the exact same opportunity to make the "Countdown" and, eventually, win the championship. As much as I would like to believe that everyone will keep that in mind I'm sure there will be some discussion about the format as the "Countdown" draws near.<<<

Can someone figure out if Tony S (The Sarge) would still have won, would John have won in 2006 if the "New Countdown" was in effect?

Would the 2006 season finish order be the same if the 2007 rule were in effect ?

There was a big post on here, giving race by race 06 vs 07 points as it was happening. Might have been a post for each race I don't remember.

If I remember right (which I prob dont) I believe Doug K, Hight, and Line would have won under the new pts system last year but I could be wrong.

Thanks to Chris Davis who kept track of this last season

here is how the final 4 ended Melanie would not have made the final 4 under the new welfare system. Berstein would have jumped Doug. Tony would end up winning by a wider amount which means all the excitement of his charge last year would not have happened.

Champ-Schumacher 3285
2nd-Bernstein 3163
3rd-Kalitta 3152
4th-Fuller 3135

Funny Car
Champ-Force 3193
2nd-Hight 3145
3rd-Medlen 3120
4th-Capps 3086

Pro Stock
Champ-Line 3226
2nd-Anderson 3212