Thank you and god speed Dick Wells (1 Viewer)

Mark & all,

I met Dick Wells in 1973 when he was in KC to speak @ our local street rod club. Six months later, I was working for Dick in California at the National Street Rod Association. I worked with Dick for about a year and a half, helping produce the NSRA Street Rod shows, and trying to get the Street Machine division going,,,,, something that both of us fought like the dickens to get done, but just never came to be.
Dick Wells was a car guy, one of us, from his teenage years on. He was a good friend and when NHRA "excused" me from the national event announcing staff, Dick and I had several conversations about what happened. Those discussions and his insight helped to soften the blow of being divorced from my racing family, and for that I will be forever grateful.
Every time we saw one another at the track, or at a show, we would always talk about how things were, what they should be, and the politics of it all.
He was a good guy, and a friend. NHRA and the motorsports world has lost another of the founding fathers.
Rest in peace Dick, you will be missed

Unk

Mark & all,

I met Dick Wells in 1973 when he was in KC to speak @ our local street rod club. Six months later, I was working for Dick in California at the National Street Rod Association. I worked with Dick for about a year and a half, helping produce the NSRA Street Rod shows, and trying to get the Street Machine division going,,,,, something that both of us fought like the dickens to get done, but just never came to be.
Dick Wells was a car guy, one of us, from his teenage years on. He was a good friend and when NHRA "excused" me from the national event announcing staff, Dick and I had several conversations about what happened. Those discussions and his insight helped to soften the blow of being divorced from my racing family, and for that I will be forever grateful.
Every time we saw one another at the track, or at a show, we would always talk about how things were, what they should be, and the politics of it all.
He was a good guy, and a friend. NHRA and the motorsports world has lost another of the founding fathers.
Rest in peace Dick, you will be missed

Unk

Couldn't have said it better, UNK.

Godspeed to Mr. Wells. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

NHRA BOARD MEMBER DICK WELLS PASSES

Dick was a good friend for many years, and I will surely miss him. He provided sage advice & counsel on drag racing issues, and was enthusiastic about the sport and its future. I'm sure a lot of fans don't know of him, but rest assured, he was one of the good guys in the sport of drag racing.

My sincerest condolences to his family.

Fred H. Simmonds
Drag Racing Marketing Manager
GM
1997-2008

I knew Dick for almost 30 years, and he always has a warm smile and hearty handshake when ever we crossed paths. A really good guy in many different ways.
R.I.P Buddy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back