team summit (2 Viewers)

Elite won 6 out of 7 at the end of last year and nobody was complaining! Good job Jason and congrats on win #40!

I don't get why certain teams get stuff flung at them when they enjoy success while others are "wow! Congrats!" It's silly, to say the least.

Congrats to the KB team on yet another win. Now it's Bob Utner's, err, Bo Butner's turn to get in the winner's circle.

pretty unbelievable to watch these 3 cars when we all know there are endless ways to lose a race, yet these
guys are not making any mistakes.....remarkable.

It all depends on who you root for. Some people like the Yankees for all of their success, others hate them because of it. Regardless if you like Team Summit or not it is impressive what they have done. I bet they are hating the countdown right now as teams don't have to worry about how far ahead they get, they have time to figure it out.

whethter or not nhra actually pulls more audience for their 'countdown' or not (IMO they do not), it is arguable how important points really are. these teams race approx. 70 days per year in front of a live audience and 24x per year on the sunday nat. event tv broadcast. if you're winning in pomona in february, it's the same as winning in pomona in november; your car is seen by the live and tv audience; and that's what sponsors want. rite now there can be no more happier sponsor than summit; 25% of the 2016 FSN1 broadcasts now have summit represented in PS final round, with arguably more to come......that is winning.

As long as your team stays in top" 10 " points aren't much of a factor, momentum is so if other teams catch up it will be be a great race to the championship. If the other teams don't PS is going to be in trouble so if NHRA wants this class to make it they need to find a fix cause if all we're going to see is the Greg and Jason show fans are going to start screaming.

One good thing is its an easy 11 pts for PTW picks.

for sure jesse on the PTW deal :D.....sorry, nhra is not going to 'fix' anything. elite has mopar, jegs, mitzos and skillman funding.
they've just gotta' figure it out, then they can take pictures in front of the summit trailer again :oops:
karma's a bitch

It happens in all forms of motorsports. F1 changed the engine rules several year ago. No other team has been able to touch the Mercedes team since, until this year. Ferrari is finally getting a handle on the package, and the other teams are starting to show signs of life as well.

The other's will get it figured out eventually. I'm sure Greg and Jason are enjoying this for now, because it won't last forever, and I'm sure they realize that.

Not that you are biased or anything like that, lol

I didn't even mean it as a knock :) I bet they aren't thrilled while I bet other teams are.

Look at Beckman last year, they figured something out too soon and the rest of the teams had time to catch up. If he hadn't started his run for a few races later he would have waltz away with the title.

for sure jesse on the PTW deal :D.....sorry, nhra is not going to 'fix' anything. elite has mopar, jegs, mitzos and skillman funding.
they've just gotta' figure it out, then they can take pictures in front of the summit trailer again :oops:
karma's a bitch
I know, the difference is Hogan manifolds ,cam and cyl heads. Its gonna cost the other teams lots of money and time to figure this one out.. Anyway not a Mopar fan I'm Chevy all the way.

At the end of last season, wasn't KB pulling back support and Jason was going to be parked? What did I miss on the $$ thing?

At the end of last season, wasn't KB pulling back support and Jason was going to be parked? What did I miss on the $$ thing?

The ironic thing I remember about the end of last season is that of the racers complaining about the new rules package, he was one of the loudest.

was that ever confirmed or was it just a bad rumor out on the web?.....if memory recalls, i remember the off season being full of changes, additions and optimism for elite performance, boosting their stable to 4 cars including mopar & jegs money, then of course allen johnson attracting marathon to his family organization.......all the while the summit guys never released much until just before the winters announcing they were both ready for the new season, including third car of bo butner.
(i know, i looked, i read those rumors too but could never find anything in print to substantiate them).

Last edited:
At Pomona last year Greg and Jason told me they had no idea where that rumor came from-Summit was not going anywhere and Jason was not being parked. They seemed as puzzled as anyone where that came from

congratulations to the summit guys on another stellar weekend.
no need to shave the light and chance a red lite, just execute with flawless precision.
someday this will be over, but not yet.

as a KB Racing fan, I'm lovin' the domination. After 2 years of getting crushed by Erica, payback must be sweet. Greg and Jason cut good lights, only when they need to and until Erica and Jeg get a car underneath them, I cant see the domination ending.

Look out Summit boys....the Dodge Boys are coming back to settle this!:cool:
a little soft on the launch, still need some tweeking...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back