Team Mopar® Driver Allen Johnson to Compete in Dodge Viper Cup Series Season Finale (1 Viewer)

Auburn Hills, Mich. — Mopar® Dodge Avenger NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series Pro Stock driver Allen Johnson will race in the Dodge Viper Cup Series season finale, Oct. 22–23 on the road course at Daytona International Speedway, marking his second road racing start of the year. The Team Mopar veteran will pilot a Dodge Viper ACR-X.

Johnson heads to Daytona fresh off a final-round appearance in the 27th Annual NHRA Arizona Nationals at Firebird International Raceway near Phoenix, where he took on his teammate Vincent Nobile in an all-Mopar final. Johnson is currently sixth in the NHRA Countdown to the Championship playoffs with two events remaining.

“This will be my third time road racing,” said Johnson. “I did a race at Pocono last year for Dodge Motorsports and was part of the Dodge Viper Celebrity Challenge earlier this year at Miller Motorsports Park in Salt Lake City. I’m looking forward to heading to Daytona this weekend and really enjoy events like this.”

Johnson finished third in the Dodge Viper Celebrity Challenge on April 13 in just his second-ever start on a road course, with a star-studded field of Dodge Motorsports drivers in attendance, including NASCAR stars Kurt Busch, Brad Keselowski and Robby Gordon, as well as legendary team owner Roger Penske.

Johnson will return to Pro Stock action with the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series in the 11th Annual Big O Tires NHRA Nationals at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Las Vegas, Oct. 27–Oct. 30.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back