Tasca's new funny car body (1 Viewer)

Sounds like a pretty cool deal, hope the body holds up for them!

I wonder how receptive they'd be to having anyone tour their facility??? I'd love to see their operation...

Sounds like a pretty cool deal, hope the body holds up for them!

I wonder how receptive they'd be to having anyone tour their facility??? I'd love to see their operation...

Bristol, RI is about 20 minutes from where I live. I can call and ask them. Can't hurt, can it?

Thats cool that he is trying to make a more cost effective body. Those bodies must be the single most expensive part on those race cars and making an equal or better quality body that is cheaper does not sound like a bad idea.

Did you happen to notice how many times Tasca is quoted as saying "at the end of the day..."[/QUOTE]

He's practicing to beat Force for most use of the phrase. In his press conference, Force said it 12 times and the most in 2010 by a land slide.

Did you happen to notice how many times Tasca is quoted as saying "at the end of the day..."

He's practicing to beat Force for most use of the phrase. In his press conference, Force said it 12 times and the most in 2010 by a land slide.[/QUOTE]

--------------------------------
Yeah. That's a very popular British expression. I thought Bob had an accent....must be from the Midlands or ...?...?:D

Like Bob Tasca says, it all comes down to durability. And it's not just blower explosions and hitting cones you've got to consider. It's the constant mounting/removal, raising up at the line for last minute adjustments, and the flexing it undergoes when at speed. Remember a few years ago, when ESPN started using the super-slomo for the shows? I remember hearing that the crew cheifs were more than a little surprised at how much the bodies flexed when at speed, and took steps to reinforce them.

Just reading on Tasca's site that there will be three of these Fiore Shelby bodies in 2012- two for Tasca and one for Wilkerson. :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back