Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap (1 Viewer)

Alan

Nitro Member
Tail of the Dragon is a road, going over the mountains from Tennessee to North Carolina. It has 318 turns in 11 miles, which on a motorcycle would be killer!!!

Listen to the guy in this video...."their gonna beat our a*@es!"

It cracked me up!!!

YouTube - Harley Davidson Biker Wrecks, Tail of the Dragon/Deal's Gap

There are also a lot of other cool videos of sportbikes, Harleys, sports cars, and if you can find it, a guy on a Honda Goldwing riding it like a sportbike.

That's highway 129, practically in my hometown of Maryville's backyard. There used to be a little store at the state line that sold T-shirts that read "I survived Deal's Gap, 318 curves in 11 miles." On the front was an image of a biker going through curves. On the back was the reverse image of the same biker except, the seat of his pants is worn off and there's stars coming from his butt! :D

East Tennessee mountains ARE a biker's dream. :)

Here's a nice one.

YouTube - Deals Gap Knee Dragging

Last edited:
Oops! :eek:

YouTube - Crash on Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap

I used to stop often at what was Wood's Truckstop in nearby Madisonville. That road is legal for a tractor-trailers and sometimes drivers would stop in after coming across there because it looked shorter on a map! THAT'S a facial expression you never forget! Imagine cranking a semi-truck steering wheel through 318 curves! :D

This one demonstrates a saying I heard from an old truck driver about 20 years ago. "The faster you drive, the further you have to walk to get back to the road." :D

YouTube - Bitten by the Dragon

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back