Stanfield hopes to close in on first place at 4-Wide Nationals (1 Viewer)

There was a lot of talk about the NCAA’s basketball Final Four in the Charlotte/Concord, N.C. area last month and there will be more Final Four action this weekend, only this time it will be on the asphalt of zMAX Dragway when NHRA’s Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock drivers will be racing in the second annual Visitmyrtlebeach.com 4-Wide Nationals.

Bruton Smith’s spectacular facility is the only one on the Full Throttle Drag Racing Series tour that features four identical lanes, and all will be in use beginning with Friday’s opening qualifying rounds.

Greg Stanfield, driver of the Nitro Fish Pontiac GXP, hopes to be among the final four in Sunday’s Pro Stock title run. His semifinal finish two weeks ago at Las Vegas put him in second place, 67 points behind leader Jason Line, after three of the 16 regular-season Full Throttle Racing Series outings.

While some drivers had difficulty adapting to the four-wide approach in the inaugural race, Stanfield thrived, winning the first two rounds with the quickest elapsed times. However, in the final quarter-mile lap, a carburetor problem prevented him from making a competitive run.

“I am excited about this 4-wide race,” said Koretsky. “I have a feeling that Greg, (crew chief) Eddie Guarnaccia and the team have a great opportunity to win the race. I’m looking forward to it.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back