St. Louis Ticket Prices (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
Friday $42 Adult, $15 12-Under
Sat. $52 Adult, $20 12-Under
Sun. $60 Adult, $25 12-Under

It's been along time since I have bought tickets for a NHRA race, but with the way our economy is right now these prices seem rather high.

" Am I missing something here or is this the NHRA standard ? ":confused:

That's about right Jesse. Some races have been doing discount ticket pricing, but unless you buy a weekend package, this is pretty standard per day rate.

That's about the going rate. Gateway has a weekend pakage deal for $99 for 3 days if you preorder the tickets. Me and a buddy have done the 3 day deal the past few years instead of the usual Friday & Saturday.

Looking at the numbers, I had to pay $220 for my Brainerd tix. ... but theres two additional charges. Camping - understandable at $60 for two nights.. but still a bit high.. And a $5 handeling fee. But theres another charge of $50 for a reserved seat. So if i understand, its $105 just to get in the place for FSS, and if you don't want to pack into general admission, you gotta pay at least $50 extra. Is this standard across the country? (I can't complain much, my dumb ass still found ways to save the money to go still)

Are you going? What happened at Great Bend, was weather bad?

Not going. Weather doesn't look good anyway.
Great Bend was full of loud frogs, cold on Saturday after 2 days of warm, and then an evacuation Sunday early morning due to a tornado. Dusty broke out first round against Hot Rod Fuller's Dad, which in a macabre kind of way made him feel good!! Randy's car will have to go to the reschedule date, which is at this time is penciled in for Heartland Park Thursday before the national event. Crazy weather.

I've often wondered - are the FTDRS admission prices set by the sanctioning body or the track owners? Or a combination of both? I would think that NHRA has a say in it; or I'm sure they atleast get a piece of each ticket sold.

Has anyone tried to purchase a ticket lately to a NFL game, NASCAR race or other major sporting event? By comparison NHRA tickets are a bargain. For instance, my brother has Seattle Seahawks season tickets on the second deck of Qwest Field. He pays far more for two seats for one three hour game than I do for two seats for the entire day on Sunday at the NHRA Northwest Nationals. And by comparison, my seats are better than his.

Certainly NHRA "has 'em by the gonads" to some degree... just like concert tickets. A person who lives relatively near a large city can be, say a huge Red Wings fan, or a huge Bengals fan... and there's many opportunities to see those types of sports all during the season. But if someone wants to see the FTDRS or Nickleback, Ozzy or Lil' Wayne .... those opportunites maybe only come once a year at best - and don't think the ticket sellers don't know that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back