Sportsman Winnings (1 Viewer)

JF

Nitro Member
Ok, I admit I'm new to racing at least new to driving (S/C & Q/R). But I was wondering about Winnings. Not that I anticipate getting any anytime soon But let's just say for the sake of argument

I win 1st round No payout Ok with that
I win 2nd round $80 Ok Put it in my pocket
I win 3rd round $40? OK put it in my pocket
I win 4th round $40? OK put it in my pocket
I win 5th round $40? OK put it in my pocket
I win 6th round $40? OK put it in my pocket
Now I have $240 in my pocket and in the final Woo Hoo
Hey I won the final but the track owner comes over and says give me that $240 out of your pocket and I will give you the winning purse of $1000
So isn't the winning purse :confused:$760
Like I said I'm new but If I won each round and the final shouldn't I get the winnings from each round and the purse?:)

"So isn't the winning purse $760"

If you get a check for a thousand and it doesn't bounce. ;) Then that's your winnings, isn't it?

Ok, I admit I'm new to racing at least new to driving (S/C & Q/R). But I was wondering about Winnings. Not that I anticipate getting any anytime soon But let's just say for the sake of argument

I win 1st round No payout Ok with that
I win 2nd round $80 Ok Put it in my pocket
I win 3rd round $40? OK put it in my pocket
I win 4th round $40? OK put it in my pocket
I win 5th round $40? OK put it in my pocket
I win 6th round $40? OK put it in my pocket
Now I have $240 in my pocket and in the final Woo Hoo
Hey I won the final but the track owner comes over and says give me that $240 out of your pocket and I will give you the winning purse of $1000
Like I said I'm new but If I won each round and the final shouldn't I get the winnings from each round and the purse?:)

You don't get squat until it's all over. Day is done and (in your example):

Lost in 1st and 2nd Round = $0
Lost in 3rd Round = $80
4th Round = $120
... and so on until ...
Didn't lose today? Congrats = $1000

You don't get squat until it's all over. Day is done and (in your example):

Lost in 1st and 2nd Round = $0
Lost in 3rd Round = $80
4th Round = $120
... and so on until ...
Didn't lose today? Congrats = $1000

What I meant was hypothetically it goes into my pocket. I know you don't get anything until its over

What I meant was hypothetically it goes into my pocket. I know you don't get anything until its over

What you're arguing is that the finals are worth $760 not $1000. Maybe so, and no one said otherwise. The promoter did not say "final round pays $1000", they said "winner gets $1000". And they do.

I dont believe you get the cash for each round, but one amount depending on how far you go. Not $40 + $40 etc...

No, the winning purse is $1000.

As Chris noted above, you don't get anything until you lose or win the race. It's called round money for those that don't win the race. And the track does not hand it out after each round.

To use your example...

You lose 3rd round you get $80.
You lose 4th round you get $120.
You lose 5th round you get $160.
You lose in the semis you get $200.
You lose in the finals you get whatever the runner up money is.
You win the final you get $1000.

Sounds like the same to me.

2nd round winner sounds like 3rd round loser to me. If you lose. Whats the difference.

Think this is confusing? Try not showing up to LOSE your next professional round two days later and losing all the money you hypothetically won the round before because you couldn't stay.

Pomona '09 Top Fuel.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back