Sportsman Cancelled at Reading (1 Viewer)

Just saw the modified run order for Friday- Comp qualifying begins at 10, followed by Alky classes, then around round of Comp, and another round of Alky before the Pros starting at 2, then 2nd Pro session at 4:45.

Am I missing something here? If the unpaved pits are too wet to be used how about the spectator parking?

Cars do not have the weight of motorhomes and trailers to get stuck in the mud. Also, the spectator parking area has better drainage than the pit parking areas.

Jim

MOHNTON, Pa. -- The schedule for the four NHRA Sportsman class races that were postponed from the Auto-Plus NHRA Nationals has been announced by the Northeast Division.
Racers in Super Comp, Super Stock, Stock and Super Gas will arrive Thursday, Oct. 6 for parking and technical inspection. Gates will be open between 7:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. Tech will be open between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Racing will begin Friday, Oct. 7 at 8:45 a.m. and run to about 5 p.m.

Saturday's schedule begins at 8:45 a.m. and will run until the final elimination.

Spectators who have tickets from the Auto-Plus Nationals will be admitted free. Those without Nationals tickets will pay $10.

For more information, contact Maple Grove Raceway at (610) 856-9210 or visit Maple Grove Raceway.

I would say this picture shows what the fans come to watch ...

Not sure which picture you mean, but I'm thinking the only thing they saw was a rainout.

Good thing they didn't schedule the sportsman racing for Mon/Tue, huh? Gonna need those days for the pros...

Not sure which picture you mean, but I'm thinking the only thing they saw was a rainout.

Good thing they didn't schedule the sportsman racing for Mon/Tue, huh? Gonna need those days for the pros...
The picture I meant was of the incoming traffic Sunday morning at 10:30. They were lined up for miles and they showed it live on ESPN3, first round was almost over and the cars were still lined up out of site in all directions to get in. My point was that many here posted that spectators were getting screwed. I don't think the spectators saw it that way at all. Not an over flow crowd by any means, but they kept on coming.

Now the fact that they only saw 2 rounds of Nitro racing ... that's another thing all together.

The picture I meant was of the incoming traffic Sunday morning at 10:30. They were lined up for miles and they showed it live on ESPN3, first round was almost over and the cars were still lined up out of site in all directions to get in. My point was that many here posted that spectators were getting screwed. I don't think the spectators saw it that way at all. Not an over flow crowd by any means, but they kept on coming.

Now the fact that they only saw 2 rounds of Nitro racing ... that's another thing all together.

Do you think NHRA anounced it? Do you think NHRA had someone at the gates saying before you pay, Do you know there is no sportsman.

They kept on coming because they didn't know any better, Not because it didn't matter.

Most likely 85% found out after buying a ticket, then its too late to make a difference.

Do you think NHRA anounced it? Do you think NHRA had someone at the gates saying before you pay, Do you know there is no sportsman.

NHRA did announce it. By Thursday night, it was on the Maple Grove website, the NHRA website and the NHRA Division 1 website. By Saturday, most people knew the sportsman were not going to be there. I talked to people from the track and they said there were only a handful of people who complained, and those complaints were quickly dropped when the people were told they can come back this weekend to see the sportsman on the same ticket. Most of the fans come to see the pros and for them, the sportsman provide time to get something to eat or walk the pits. The show on Saturday and Sunday up until it rained was a good one.

Jim

I am curious to see what the crowd is like next weekend for the "Sportsman Nationals". Weather shouldn't be a factor.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back