Sponsor exposure and the Kalitta Boycott (1 Viewer)

No KoolAid here, just Bacardi and Diet Coke. Sorry, but I like to have some facts to support an opinion and to discard the Countdown before the first season is done is foolish because you have no facts to support your view. I, and others, have made the decision to wait an see how the Countdown works out before passing judgment. I think change is a good thing and the old structure was in place for 20+ years, so it was time for a change and create some more excitement for the sport.

Everybody knows how it works out, Paul. There are two points resets with diving and luck thrown in for good measure. If Fuller, Capps and Anderson don't win the championship it will be because Compton and his henchmen helped the "official" champs steal it from them, and the entire pro pit area will know it. Change is never a good thing when it's done simply for the sake of change. The reason the old system lasted 20+ years is because it was straight-up competition with a true, honest champion at the end of the season, simple as that. You can type "see how it plays out" until Judgment Day and the countdown will still suck.

If Fuller, Capps and Anderson don't win the championship it will be because Compton and his henchmen helped the "official" champs steal it from them, and the entire pro pit area will know it.

You are clearly showing how clueless you are. The last time I checked Capps and Anderson would be in a championship race in the old system. So, you are saying if Dave Connolly wins the PS championship, he stole it. The same goes for Hight. This is a new structure that all teams knew about coming into the year, so it is fair for everyone and know one is stealing anything. Get over it and stop polluting every thread with your Countdown crying.

<head>
function test() {
// original bitch about countdown

}
</head>
<body>
<a href="javascript: void test();">Run</a>
<bitch about the original bitch about countdown "

</body>

Repeat as necessary.

The last time I checked Capps and Anderson would be in a championship race in the old system.

Fine, then let them get overtaken or not by a non-bogus points system.

This is a new structure that all teams knew about coming into the year, so it is fair for everyone and know one is stealing anything.

Knowing about it doesn't change the fact that it's not at all fair to the drivers that lost 100+ points leads.

Get over it and stop polluting every thread with your Countdown crying.

Not every thread, slick, just the ones where you sing the countdown's praises.

Everybody knows how it works out, Paul. There are two points resets with diving and luck thrown in for good measure. If Fuller, Capps and Anderson don't win the championship it will be because Compton and his henchmen helped the "official" champs steal it from them, and the entire pro pit area will know it. Change is never a good thing when it's done simply for the sake of change. The reason the old system lasted 20+ years is because it was straight-up competition with a true, honest champion at the end of the season, simple as that. You can type "see how it plays out" until Judgment Day and the countdown will still suck.

I'll challenge one statement you have made right off the bat.

"Change is NEVER a good thing when it's done simply for the sake of change."

Got any facts to back that up?

Hmmmm.....didn't think so.

I'm self employed and have changed for the sake of change many times over 23 years of doing buisness.

SOME changes have worked out

SOME have not.

As far as the countdown "sucking"......that is your opinion.

Mine is 180 degrees from yours.

I will agree that we disagree.

Oh well.......the world still turns;):)

REX

Fine, then let them get overtaken or not by a non-bogus points system.

Knowing about it doesn't change the fact that it's not at all fair to the drivers that lost 100+ points leads.

Not every thread, slick, just the ones where you sing the countdown's praises.

And count on me to be there for yours;):D

REX

Correct me if I am wrong, PJ, but I thought the term was Michiganders? But I do know to never correct someone with two large "twin" brothers that all three originated from Joisey!!

michiganders is the more common one, but if I get to see that dance she can call me whatever she wants lol

The absolute hands down FUNNIEST thing I get to read time and time again here ad infinitum.............are these three words...........

"IT'S NOT FAIR".........

Let me tell ya' what.

Mom and Dad told me every time I got frustrated over sumpthin'.........

"Life's Not Fair"

Thank GOD I carried that knowledge and experience over to Adulthood.

I don't think I've uttered those former three words in 20 years............

REX

If my counting numbers is right...

If Dave Connolly wins the Countdown by going two more rounds than Anderson in the last two racers, he would have also won the Championship in the original points format.

And it would have capped off a comeback similar to what Tony S. pulled off last year!

If my counting numbers is right...

If Dave Connolly wins the Countdown by going two more rounds than Anderson in the last two racers, he would have also won the Championship in the original points format.

And it would have capped off a comeback similar to what Tony S. pulled off last year!

this is true, it could also be 1 round and qualifying. However I fear his great comeback will be missed with people thinking he only caught up because of the countdown.

Annnnnnnnnd.........Of Course............

The World will come Crashing down:cool:

Jeeeeez Louise......................:cool:

REX

Re: The Kalitta Boycott

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I am a person who likes to see how everything works out before I pass judgment. Why does it "sucks ass"?? Are you one of those people who want a life like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day and can not accept a little change to entertain your imagination?

In one post you tell someone they're entitled to their opinon, then attack/question them personally for having their opinion? That's beautiful.

How does that come from the same brain? :D

Re: The Kalitta Boycott

In one post you tell someone they're entitled to their opinon, then attack/question them personally for having their opinion? That's beautiful.

How does that come from the same brain? :D

I was asking a question in an effort to understand the intended message of the individual.

No KoolAid here, just Bacardi and Diet Coke. Sorry, but I like to have some facts to support an opinion and to discard the Countdown before the first season is done is foolish because you have no facts to support your view. I, and others, have made the decision to wait an see how the Countdown works out before passing judgment. I think change is a good thing and the old structure was in place for 20+ years, so it was time for a change and create some more excitement for the sport.

I can't and won't even try to speak for everyone against the countdown but, I'm against it for reasons that have nothing to do with ratings. If we could make drag racing more of a staged show like wrestling and it drew more ratings, would you be in favor of it? If it were unfair to even one driver?

Some/many of us have REASONS for believing it's wrong and don't need a season's worth of ratings to change our minds so, I guess to you we're foolish.

I would think it more foolish to call others foolish based on that but.........

Boy, this is just like a time when if you disagreed with anything Whit Bazemore said or did. There was something wrong with you and you had to be discredited personally.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back