Some TA/FC Images (1 Viewer)

Rusty

Nitro Member
Catching up on some shots from earlier this year. Starting to think the BB/FC guys are getting the better looking rides.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

I think for the most part, the alky funnies have been the better looking cars since the 70s. I wish someone would start a 70s FCs website dedicated to the BB/FCs. All those really low-slung cars with the blowers roof high, like Veney's cars, are some of the wildest FCs of all time. Getting back to today's TAFCs, there are definitely some really good-looking cars out there. Great pics!

I think for the most part, the alky funnies have been the better looking cars since the 70s. I wish someone would start a 70s FCs website dedicated to the BB/FCs. All those really low-slung cars with the blowers roof high, like Veney's cars, are some of the wildest FCs of all time. Getting back to today's TAFCs, there are definitely some really good-looking cars out there. Great pics!
BINGO!! :D The 80's were the best, I did a lot of artwork in the 80's and 90's for those guys, and it was a cool time to have the freedom to create, rather than having a sponsor put limits on colors and blah blah blah... The Evil-Wicked-Mean & Nasty car is one of my all time favs... Along with the Woz's orange car... :cool:

Some of the Early 90's Alky FC's were awesome! Harley Griffith's "Evil, Wicked, Mean and Nasty", Wayne Stoelkel's "Boogeyman", Mark Wozniachak's "Color By WOZ" cars were all just knock out! Seems the last 8-10 years those kind of paint scheme's are fading faster than the Paint! I wish most Alky FC guys took as much pride in their Paint scheme's as the Pro mod guys do. That's always been a selling point for them, and the racers now it!

WOW, those are real nice pictures.

I used to love going to the All American Funny Car Races in the early 80's. It was a full field of Alky Cars that traveled together and match raced. Some really cool cars and they all had cool names and cool paint schemes. Most were painted by Spook in San Antonio. Kool Klutch, Make My Day, Time Machine, Grim Reeper, Saturday Night Special, Texas Tremor, Bad Moon Rising, Shock Wave were a few that I remember off the top of my head. I later got to go racing with Larry Reep and live it. It was a cool time for sure!

These were two big time crowd favorites from back in the day.

Wild_Wilfred_FunnyCar.jpg

photo_6-82.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back