Sneak Peak at the New NHRA Game (1 Viewer)

I was worried because of who was making it, but between Capps bringing it up on WFO and Lohnes giving us a sneak peek and then discussing what kind of work is being done, I'm excited for this. It looks great. And then three professional classes with two sportsmen classes and pro mod? Can't wait!

With Capps, Ashley, and Lohnes all discussing or at least mentioning it, maybe NHRA will announce something at PRI? Game doesn't even have a title yet.

I like it. It's not perfect but I think it's a decent first attempt. I like how each class feels different. Pro Stock was hard for me to drive.

Wow, this is pretty brutal. Looks like I’m going to save myself $500 plus for not buying a new console and game.

I was afraid of this, was hoping for the best. But unfortunately, if you don't spend the money on proper production then this is what your left with. Just a bummer....

I played it for a little over an hour last night before bed so I have not had too much time to dive into it. Initial reaction is while it is rough, it is not as terrible as everyone says it is. It is definitely geared towards kids and a pick up and play style. Keeping the car straight was pretty tough with funny cars and especially pro stock. While top fuel the second run I went 3.55 at 305 (realism is lacking) I did not make one clean run in pro stock as it seemed like it was just snapping every time a few hundred feet out. I also did not notice a shift light so I was pretty much grabbing gears which may have played into it. I peaked into career mode and it seemed like a pretty in depth deal so I'll be excited to give that a shot when I get more time this weekend. The one thing that was a bummer but can be easily fixed was quite a few of the funny car racers (Wilkerson, Lee and Diehl) all had a generic red/white/blue paint scheme with just the name on the car. I'll dive into it more when I have time this weekend, it is underwhelming but its still worth a fair shot.

Like I said before it's not perfect, but some parts of the game are really good. I've made it to pro mod in career mode and it took me 6 races to win. Not because the AI was good(they need to up their difficulty) but because I had to adjust how to tune the car on the burnout and mid track. Saving up to R&D Pro Stock so I can go after that class next.

How does it compare to the older pc game like top fuel thunder or the older playstation game, of course not comparing graphics due to tech advances.

How does it compare to the older pc game like top fuel thunder or the older playstation game, of course not comparing graphics due to tech advances.
Not even close. Those games were much more fun from a gameplay perspective. The tracks and the 'feel' was much better than the previous games, but the play was not.
Hey, its a start...hopefully it will improve in future releases...

Last edited:
I was excited when I bought it for PC yesterday morning. Id love to give a review but unfortunately I haven't been able to play it because it doesn't support steering wheel/pedals. I don't have a video game controller for my PC and I damn sure am not gonna play it with my keyboard so Ill just wait and hope for a massive patch to fix issues.... :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back