Sitting Second in Atlanta, Line Looks to Move Up on Saturday (1 Viewer)

NHRA Pro Stock points leader Jason Line continued his string of strong performances, posting the second quickest time in each of Friday’s twin sessions at the Summit Racing Equipment Southern NHRA Nationals in Atlanta, GA. After opening with a 6.642-second, 207.30 mph pass in the afternoon, the Summit Racing driver picked up the pace in the evening session, improving to a 6.619-second elapsed time with a class-leading top speed of 208.84 mph to claim the second position heading into Saturday. Although pleased with his opening effort at his sponsor’s race, Line looked to move even higher during one of his final two attempts.

“All in all, my Summit Racing Pontiac made two decent runs today,” said Line. “The first run was actually better than the second one, because it was a little lazy in low gear tonight and gave up a couple hundredths. I was actually surprised that we had gone as quick as a 6.619. Still, I’m very happy with the car, and that we were able to put it in a good starting spot at a Summit race.

“We have a good baseline for tomorrow, and just need to keep tweaking it to make it better. If we make the right moves, I believe we certainly have a car capable of going to the pole. Today was a good day, and we hope to have an even better one tomorrow.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back