Shirley Muldowney Top Fuel car (1 Viewer)

Larry jr.

Nitro Member
We will be at the Orange County Fair Grounds tomorrow for Cruzin' for the Cure, the largest singe day event of its kind in America, this is a benifit to raise money for Cancer research of all kinds. With will be putting on a show with Dave Mandella's 1977 Mudowney Top Fuel car for multiple cackefests throughout the day.

I am a three year Cancer Survivor, and will be at the controls of the dragster for the fireups with a few special guests in the seat.

If you are out here in So cal come out and help support the cause....LF

Good luck with the benefit, hope you raise lots of $$$$. Congrats on the 3 years too. Getting to cackle a TFD is something yer special guests won't soon forget. :cool::cool::cool:

Thanks on the 3 years............ its amazing to be doing this deal with Dave, Twila and family. 98% in the tank 70 in the mag hit the switch its an E ticket seat.

That was one bad azz car show today. I have never seen so many cool show cars, hot rods, and race cars in one place at one time in my life. The Shirley car looked great and sounded awesome. Dave Mandella left no stone unturned when he decided to restore that car. It was also nice to finally meet Larry Fullerton and put a face to the name and get a chance to chat with him for a while. They had an awesome cacklefest going on with cars like Bugsy and lil Nates fuel altered, the Poachers T/F car, the Yeakel T/F car, and many, many, many, more. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Last edited:
That was one bad azz car show today. I have never seen so many cool show cars, hot rods, and race cars in one place at one time in my life. The Shirley car looked great and sounded awesome. Dave Mandella left no stone unturned when he decided to restore that car. It was also nice to finally meet Larry Fullerton and put a face to the name and get a chance to chat with him for a while. They had an awesome cacklefest going on with cars like Bugsy and lil Nates fuel altered, the Poachers T/F car, the Yeakel T/F car, and many, many, many, more. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Great to meet you in person too, I know you and Mandella have been friends for a long time.

Ya' it was a great show, it is great to be involved with raising money for Cancer research, while burning nitro with some of you're best friends, who are also some of youi're heros like Gerry Glenn, Kenny Youngblood, John Ewald, Nate Bug, Troy Glenn, and a host of others.................LF

Last edited:
That car has ben busy, I saw it again today at the Orange County Auto Show in the Anaheim Convention Center.:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back