Shirley 'Cha Cha' Muldowney (1 Viewer)

I met Shirley when I was a kid in 1982, asking her a simple and stupid set of questions.
How did a gal get involved in all of this, and become so successful?
She looked at me like I was going to have my ass thoroughly kicked in, and simply answered the question.
Then I asked her why she is the best, and she told me something that I believe has been the single most important business advice I have ever received.
She told me that she always runs her own race, her own race plan per run, and never looks to the other lane.

Anybody who looks at Shirley as a grumpy person doesn't get her. I have nothing but the greatest respect for her.
I think she, Connie and Big are drag racing, period. Everyone else is in a different class.

Never watched her shove and turn a table over into a group of fans while yelling " I'm tired of doing this $hit". Never see or here her cuss out two little girls (under ten) with one t-shirt because it was not one of hers they ask her to sign.

Great racer, but I guess I just don't get her because all I see is a nasty old *****.

Never watched her shove and turn a table over into a group of fans while yelling " I'm tired of doing this $hit". Never see or here her cuss out two little girls (under ten) with one t-shirt because it was not one of hers they ask her to sign.

Great racer, but I guess I just don't get her because all I see is a nasty old *****.

X2. Been there.........;)

Sean D

That is a nice car, Larry. I seen it before it was completed but I havn't had the chance to see it since it has been finished. I did see Dave on Saturday at the drag boat races at Irvine lake though.

Its a stellar restoration of the car, no expence was spared, the motor and clutch are all correct, its not a poser, we could put the coupler in and make a 250 mph pass if we wanted to.

We run it on 98% with 70 in the mag, its on kill when ever we fire it, and don't think it don't use Nitro, it burns about 5 to 7 gallons per fire up with the show we put on, so its not cheep.

We run the barrel valve pretty fat so I can trim the fuel at idle with the fuel shutoff, to get it lean and get big flames going, when I'm whacking the throttle from idle its a handfull, the chassis moves around a bunch, so who ever is in the car is getting a treat.

Come out Saturday if you can.

Last edited:
Thank's Larry, that sounds like a lot of fun, but I have something already planned for this weekend. But, I will keep in touch with Dave and I will definitely hook up with you guys somewhere.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back