Schumacher vs. Ashley in TF Pomona/PHX final. (1 Viewer)

Donald Trump commuted Ashley's sentence on his last day in office and Ashley never spent a night in jail.

Right or wrong? We report, you decide.
You are correct about jail. I thought it was a full pardon though.

I thought Justin originally wanted to play football, but he just didn’t physically grow enough. From what I heard, he is pretty legit under center and would’ve had a shot if his body/size would’ve been able to handle it.

I thought Justin originally wanted to play football, but he just didn’t physically grow enough. From what I heard, he is pretty legit under center and would’ve had a shot if his body/size would’ve been able to handle it.
I'd say things worked out pretty good for young Ashley. I'd a lot rather be known as a top-shelf Top Fuel dragster pilot than a good high school foolball player who's about a foot too short and 100 pounds too light to be considered by the NFL, wouldn't you? :D👍

Well, like fletcher cox and a few other pro athletes, I’d rather come to the NHRA with cash and a marketable name to become a top shelf dragster pilot. He’d still be just as good in the cockpit if we saw him a few years down the road. Of course, considering no CTE or anything like that.

My big thing is I didn’t think he wanted anything to do with following his dad’s footsteps originally. This drag racing became a thing when his true passion didn’t work out is my understanding and what I was trying to say. Idk how true that is, but as a former player myself, I definitely look at him and see a baller. If a track rain out lead to a flag football game one weekend, he’s my 1st pick, even over superstar multi sport Antron.

Am wondering why the hostility towards Ashley. Is it just because of his Dad? I have no inside info, but he seems like an OK guy and his interviews always seem polite and professional.
For me, Yes.

I'll admit I was one of those that didn't care for Juston just because of what his father did. Upon watching videos and interviews of him, I have to give him a pass.
Yon can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family. What Mike did has nothing to do with Juston and I hope Juston has a great racing career, except for this race against Tony this time. LOL
Look how Scott managed the Gators this past week.
I don't give him a pass. He knows where the money came from to get himself in the seat and that makes him just a guilty IMO. He'd get a pass from me if his dad stopped showing up to all the races when he should be in jail.

For me, Yes.

I don't give him a pass. He knows where the money came from to get himself in the seat and that makes him just a guilty IMO. He'd get a pass from me if his dad stopped showing up to all the races when he should be in jail.
And the money for Maynard/Ashley racing. You notice it is NOT called that anymore. This is a good question, who owns that team? I don’t know. Or maybe I’m just not fetching it right now. Maynard owns Schumacher‘s team, right?

Tony has a chip on his shoulder, and it is actually interesting and entertaining. He has a genuine beef with SCAG, and I think that is good. He has a good sense of humor, and the only person that is funnier is Langdon.

Last edited:
Couldn’t have said it better myself. Justin to me just seems insincere and a panderer.
I get it, everyone has their favorite drivers, but how does Justin seem insincere? He is always consistent, speaks extremely well, has great manners and doesn't talk chit about any of his fellow competitors??? Never has! Plus he is probably the best driver out there. He sure left Sarge scratching his head this weekend.

And the money for Maynard/Ashley racing. You notice it is NOT called that anymore. This is a good question, who owns that team? I don’t know. Or maybe I’m just not fetching it right now. Maynard owns Schumacher‘s team, right?

Tony has a chip on his shoulder, and it is actually interesting and entertaining. He has a genuine beef with SCAG, and I think that is good. He has a good sense of humor, and the only person that is funnier is Langdon.
Joe Maynard sold his engineering company for more dollar bills that we collectively could ever count, just saying. Not to mention the other businesses that he owns. Maynard sold his portions of Ashley's and Wilkerson's teams to SCAG. He still owns Sarge's team and Ida Zettersrom's teams.

I get it, everyone has their favorite drivers, but how does Justin seem insincere? He is always consistent, speaks extremely well, has great manners and doesn't talk chit about any of his fellow competitors??? Never has! Plus he is probably the best driver out there. He sure left Sarge scratching his head this weekend.
He surely did. Put a whuppin on ole Tony, and I was not happy about it ;). Look, I will criticize Justin’s entitlement and his family because they are actual criminals. But I will never criticize Justin’s driving skills. 0.020 light? That’s just crazy. And that’s not uncommon for him, he does it all the time! Unquestionably the best leaver in top fuel ever.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back