Sam's automotove news for 9/26/06. (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
As said by an un-named comic personality: "You know those old sedans with those huge wheels? They are called 'donks.' Well I would love to 'donk' the idiot in the back of the head who created those things!"

DiamlerChrysler is going to release the new Chysler Aspen SUV very shortly. Don't know why Chrysler needs an SUV (it's just a rebadge of the Dorango), but I have heard that DCX was "responding to the hip-hop crowd." "The 300 was extremely popular with that group," an insider says, "and apparently Chysler has listened to many of those who said it would be 'hot' if Chrysler had an SUV that was equally as cool." Although Chrysler doesn't offer them as options (yet), expect 50% of all Aspens to be outfitted with a 2-to-4 18" subwoofers, replacement of all factory emblems with custom slogans, and 24" dubs.

BMW is said to be offering a "buy one get the 2nd one 50% off" sales on all its models soon. The primary reason is so owners can have the opportunity of having a backup at a discount price when their primary BMW is in for repairs.
Says one industry insider, "based on the amount of volume BMW's repair facilities see, I predict this program will be hugely successful."

According to sources close to the company, when the Dodge Challenger is released to dealers in 2008, drivers of Chargers will be able to trade them in for only a 10% loss to the car's original purchase price. According to these sources, this program will be called the "trade up to a HEMI with the proper amount of doors promotion."

According to scientists, the reason why NHRA events tend to get rained out is because of a perennial drag racing staple: tire smoke. "This tire smoke has been studied to stay in the atmosphere for a long time and blend in with regular clouds," one scientist said. He added, "over time the tire smoke accumulates and starts to hold in water, and once it reaches its capacity it bursts into consistent rain showers, along with the natural clouds."

Last edited:
Good read there Samuel. Thank you. FWIW, I also dig the sig file.. but you're missing one car. :D
WesttownNY.jpg

Is that your GTO? Very nice.

I love the engine, but for some reason I just can't get over the styling.

BTW last week I went to a bowling alley with some friends and a guy in one of those Trailblazer SS's went past us in the parking lot. He must have had the Cadilydic (sp?) converter removed as it was LOUD... but oh so sweet sounding!

BTW last week I went to a bowling alley with some friends and a guy in one of those Trailblazer SS's went past us in the parking lot. He must have had the Cadilydic (sp?) converter removed as it was LOUD... but oh so sweet sounding!

That Trailblazzer probably didn't have the Cat taken out completely. The truck wouldn't have run right without it thanks to Federal Emissions Standard requiring sensors after the cat to send O2 readings back to the computer. If the O2 Sensor doesn't get that reading, it has the tendency to make it go into a 'limp in mode' or creat a random misfire.

They have come out with some high flow converters for the trailblazers but they still make the Dummy light come on.

I'm more in favor for the low rumbly sound myself.

The Trailblazer SS is so sweet! I stopped by my local Chevy dealer and checked one out....40k never looked so sweet! Dang where are those lotto numbers when I need them!

Folks, you have to remember that even though it's an SS.... It's still a Trailblazer. I personally like the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT/8 better, IMO.

Like the STI. It's still an Impreza.

Yup, that's my goat. Two years and 45000+ miles later, she's still a blast. Personally, I love the sleek looks but to each their own. However, I guarantee you'd have fun driving one. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back