Sam’s automotive news for 10/16/06 (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Or in other words, cars I WISH would come out!

GM said that beginning with the 2008 model year, the Chevrolet Suburban and Avalanche, GMC Yukon XL and the Cadillac ESV and EXT would be available with GM’s Duramax 6.6L Diesel and Alison 1000 transmission. Also, for the first time the vehicles would also be available with a factory dually axle.

GM is also rumored to be making a concept truck based on the new GMT-900 series heavy duties called the 4500HD Ultra. The truck will be a crew cab design and have a new 9 foot bed and tandem dually axles. Power? Reports say GM will use a 8.6L Duramax turbodiesel that is reported to make about 440hp and about 900ft/lb of torque, coupled to an Alison 2000 tranny. Although some sources say it could be a 9.0L engine that might have 500hp/1000ft/lbs.

Looks like the first carmaker with a diesel hybrid will be DCX. In fact, 2. The first will be a hybrid Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Avenger. The engine will be the same 3.0L V6 used in the Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD. Coupled with a high-power electric motor and a trunk-mounted battery set, the combo is estimated at 255hp and 410lb/ft of torque. DCX’s multi-displacement system will also be used. Fuel economy is estimated to be 30 city / 37 highway. Because the engines are mounted transversely, all-wheel-drive will be the only drive type available. A 5 speed automatic will be the only gearbox.

The next Chrysler product will be the 300DE, for diesel-electric. This car will have a new 4.5L turbo V8 by Cummins and a high-power electric motor. Power is estimated at 295hp and 460ft/lbs of torque. Like the HEMI, multi-displacement will be used. The gearbox will be a 5 speed auto. Mileage is estimated at 27 city / 33 highway. DCX insists the new engine will have a typical V8 sound and not sound like a truck.

Florida lottery winner Sam Davidowicz* said that he has “created the perfect date-mobile,” dubbed “The Love Machine.” Davidowicz started by buying a 2007 Chevrolet Express extended-length cargo van, with the 6.6L Duramax engine, and he had the rear axle converted to a dually unit. Inside, the bare metal interior has been covered with glossy wood-like panels. On the roof, a 3.5’ wide by 5’ long power tilt/slide moon roof has been added with a power operating cover, “so you and your date can look at the stars,” Davidowicz said. In the front of the van is a 1000 watt Alpine Stereo with navigation, DVD player and a 20GB hard drive, which has the Greatest Hits album by Barry White pre-loaded. Behind the rear seats lies a stand-up shower that “is big enough for two people.” Across from the shower is a small fridge and a 1000w microwave. In the back of the van is a vehicle-wide sofa that folds out to become a near-queen sized bed. The floor of the van is covered on a cream-color carpet. When asked why he created this, Sam said, “I wanted to create something unique.” When also asked why he put a dually axle on the van, Sam responded with, “The dually gives this van extra stability when, um, there is activity going on in the back.”

Don Garlits is reportedly working with Alan Johnson on creating a new dragster design. The new rail will have a front wing shaped like a boomerang, the front wheels will have only 2 spokes and the rear wing will use a mono strut wing design. The dragster will also have an enclosed canopy. Although the rail weights a little more than a typical design, sources tell us he [Johnson] will have no trouble making it run as fast or faster then current designs.

*I actually didn’t win the lotto. Wish I did though! :D

Last edited:
.....In the front of the van is a 1000 watt Alpine Stereo with navigation, DVD player and a 20GB hard drive, which has the Greatest Hits album by Barry White pre-loaded.....
Very imaginative Sam!

This is the part that made me start laughing…. Funny!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back