Russ Collins (1 Viewer)

Nick Name

Nitro Member
Top Fuel Motorcycle legend Russ Collins passed away a few hours ago. Besides the bikes, Russ will always be remembered for the blow over he had in Bill Millers TF car.

The " Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fee" Three Honda motor nitro burning bike!!! Along with a few other fuel burning drag bikes.
Byron and Terry got there start working for russ.

Thats real sad news. Thank you for all of the memories! Godspeed Russ and our deepest condolences to your family and friends.

Please keep us posted, I would love to see the tri-motor run again.

As you know, when he crashed the triple an near 190 mph, there was nothing left of it except the motor pod. Here is a photo of Russ an I, a few months ago, with the restoration in the frame jig.

10299080_620233628066980_4730939097929603010_n.jpg

Sorry to hear of his passing, but I too remember the blow-over as I saw it on TV. The car flipped over, righted itself and ground and slid into the guardrail across the track. unfazed, Russ climbed out of the car calmly and did an interview with Diamond P's Steve Evans as if it happened all the time. From then on I knew he was the real deal. RIP, Russ, thanks for the memory!

Top Fuel Motorcycle legend Russ Collins passed away a few hours ago. Besides the bikes, Russ will always be remembered for the blow over he had in Bill Millers TF car.

Airborn, upsidedown and backwards through the finish line is something I'll never forget. RIP Russ Collins

the Sorcerer was awesome I remember the last time I saw him run it was at Ontario in like 1980

It's taken some time for me to respond to this. Russ treated me as family. My heart is broken.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back