Rush 2008 (1 Viewer)

I heard one song off the latest called "Something Monkey business?" Not sure but the cut was awesome! Sounded like Pre-Moving pictures Rush!;)

The main monkey business. Hysterical video of, you guessed it , monkeys , plays behind the group while this song is performed.

Snakes and Arrows live was released yesterday. Snakes and Arrows the studio album is the best Rush release since 1981, bar none. Say no more squire. Get it.

I saw RUSH on Sunday, one of the best concerts ever. One one thing I immediately noticed was the sound quality was far better then the Vapor Trails tour, the other time I saw them - I could actually hear Alex's guitar this time!

Oh and how 'bout that drum solo? :eek:

I saw RUSH on Sunday, one of the best concerts ever. One one thing I immediately noticed was the sound quality was far better then the Vapor Trails tour, the other time I saw them - I could actually hear Alex's guitar this time!

Oh and how 'bout that drum solo? :eek:

well it was only seven minutes long. out side of that , perfect...:cool:

took me 1.5 months, but finally purchased the new double live album.
all i can say is.......unbelievable.

fan for over 30 years and haven't seen live since p/g,
this one brought out the goosebumps, it's that good.

I saw the title of this thread and thought Rush Limbaugh was running for President! :D

LMAO @ Ron. What's funny is that the first "ego" license plate I had said "RUSHFAN", and when I managed a KFC that had an older customer base, there were tons of people saying stuff similar to that!!! :mad:

Rich, hope you enjoy tonights show. I was at The Gorge last night with some PDX friends whom are also going to tonight's show!

Awesome as always but it was pretty windy so we didn't get much of the pyro stuff!!!

LMAO @ Ron. What's funny is that the first "ego" license plate I had said "RUSHFAN", and when I managed a KFC that had an older customer base, there were tons of people saying stuff similar to that!!! :mad:

Rich, hope you enjoy tonights show. I was at The Gorge last night with some PDX friends whom are also going to tonight's show!

Awesome as always but it was pretty windy so we didn't get much of the pyro stuff!!!

check out rushisaband.com :)

3 bucks gets you a bumper sticker that says as much....

check out rushisaband.com :)

3 bucks gets you a bumper sticker that says as much....

Thanks Bob. :cool:

We were talkin' about that last night as we saw a guy wearing a shirt saying that. Spokane used to have a classic rock station that had the bumber stickers but they switched format!!!:mad:

I took my wife tonight as she didn't get to go last time and we both thought that the new songs on the play list really dragged the show down. The classics and the lights were scortching hot but the stretch of news songs one after another all sounded the same and got boring fast. A lot of great material never got covered. Sorry.

I took my wife tonight as she didn't get to go last time and we both thought that the new songs on the play list really dragged the show down. The classics and the lights were scortching hot but the stretch of news songs one after another all sounded the same and got boring fast. A lot of great material never got covered. Sorry.

I guess you hadn't bought the new album? I think it's their best since the 80s and I loved hearing the songs.

unfortunately probably won't see s&a tour, but very familiar with album;
i agree bob, best material in a long time and i really enjoy the new stuff
on live album - great mix of old & new.

I'll 3rd that sentiment. IMHO, it's the best since Moving Pictures!!! (I hate the heavy syth sounds of the 80's & early 90's stuff.

After 30+ years, all bands have to pick & choose material. I think the guys are really proud of S&A. That's why we get so much of it in concert plus they want to push sales. I saw the '07 and '08 versions and loved both shows!!!!

Wayne :):):)

*spoiler*
If you don't want to know what songs are played live, skip this next line!

I was really pleased to hear The Trees and Passage to Bangkok live again!!!

It wasn't really just the new songs as Monkey Biz and that song about going home were good. I'll confess that I'm a greatest hits guy. We loved the solos and my opinion that they are the most talented threesome hasn't changed. They just needed to mix it up better especially considering that they were here less than a year ago. The only additions I noticed were the trees and red barchetta which are two of my favorites.

I am a jinx when it comes to morrison colorado.

the one day I was there for the mile highs, it rained.

tonight, my stepson and his fiance were going to see rush at redrocks.
It was postponed because of bad weather. I think they just couldn't get the gear there from utah on time. Or maybe Neil got caught out in his motorcycle somewhere?

I just hope they can make the rescheduled date

Yea I caught that!!! Sounds like the re-scheduled date is the 22nd. Hope it works for your step-son & fiancée!!!

Did ya catch up with the donation Geddy made to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in Kansas City? Close to 200 autographed baseballs from Negro League players & supports!!! I knew that he had a good size baseball collection but that donation is huge!!!
Way cool!!!
:):):)

I hope it works out too I bought em the tickets for a wedding present. Which isn't till September but hey...I have my reasons :cool:

They are the last two in the immediate family who have not seen Rush. A situation which must be rectified before the young lady is welcomed into the clan :D

Hey it could be worse we could be making her switch churches..... ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back