Royal purple raceway fighting to stay open (1 Viewer)

The concrete crushing company will have to soak the piles down, they shouldn't be allowed to operate if their dust is airborne.
Not only is it a hazard to the track's surface it is also a health hazard.

As many race tracks that have been shut down for noise and other problems, its hard to believe you can just move next door to any business, start crushing concrete, make a big mess, and get by with it. In our PC world, I can't imagine that this can't be stopped.

The concrete crushing company will have to soak the piles down, they shouldn't be allowed to operate if their dust is airborne.
Not only is it a hazard to the track's surface it is also a health hazard.

exactly, there's a holding pond literally rite next to the piles and sure appears
to be on the tract of land owned by contractor....i'm sure the zoning laws
and freeway access for that location are more than ideal for hpp

Unfortunately the public hearing for their complaint is on the same day as the Ennis, Tx national event runs ... so most of the racers will be there instead of showing their presence at the hearing. Hopefully the local bracket racers that don't race div/nat events will show up.

To bad the Angel brothers didn't buy up most of the property surrounding the track years ago. I would think they certainly would have the money, they are a huge paving company in this area. That pile sure is close to the track. Like a previous poster said, it is Baytown and a little concrete dust is the least of the worries there. All kinds of refineries belching out who knows what into the air! I do agree watering the pile down should eliminate the problem.

Looks like Graham Light showed up to support HRP. Don't all the know-it-alls, bashers, whiners, cry babies and resident experts have anything to say?

They had a 2 minute report on the local news Thursday night and they showed Graham, Don Schumacher, Matt Hagan, Jack Beckman, and Erica Enders all there to support the track.

what's the situation with aggregate company next door?
still there? move piles? watering piles for this weekend's race?

Looks like Graham Light showed up to support HRP. Don't all the know-it-alls, bashers, whiners, cry babies and resident experts have anything to say?

It's very good that he was there, as he should be.

I was mailed a 30+ page verdict on the trial because I signed the petition online. Didn't have the time or law degree to decipher what it said. Glad it worked out for the Angel family!

I think the support from Graham, Don, Erica and all the fans and supporters of Drag Racing shows just how important this sport is to surrounding community and hope this sets a pace for other areas where tracks are under pressure to shut down that the Stand Strong support can work. Thanks to everyone involved.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back